World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
out today , with a mate on board, hunting for cod, counted 19 other boats, mostly fishing the tripod close in to Clacton pier, some out a bit further like us, we were out as far and number 3 buoy
weather good although a brisk easterly kicked up around lunch time, fished lug and squid on 2 rods each, hoping for mr cod to put an appearance in, sadly only one undersized to report, the radio was chattering all day with guys, again like us, not catching or even seeing them, there was a 3 pound bass caught which obviously went back !!!. Had 5 skate between us, 3 males of 3 or four pounds and 2 females for me, the first bang on 14 pounds and the last of the day 21 pounds 3 ounces, PB for me so happy with that
great run back with the tide, was my last trip in my boat as new 175 will be here in 2 weeks
Neil

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
That's a lovely fish mate
In the twentys mega
My mate had a 27 lber on rawleys boat near there

Reactions: codlingchaser

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
That's a bloody big thornback, my biggest is only sixteen and three quarters and the biggest I've heard of was caught by Nicky Boyce and was just under twenty five.
Well done!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Beauty , that's a Roker n a half very well done & she went back, that'll put a smile on a commercial boat skipper soon, shame no pictures, good report thanks .Ade

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Ade, at least its got a chance, no pic as am sure everyone on here knows what a skate looks like mate
I've no idea what a 21lbs 3oz skate looks like!!! That's an absolute monster!!! My pb's 10lbs 8oz and the biggest I've seen was only 13lbs 1oz. That's an absolute belter of a fish, good work.
Ben

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
that's a huge thornie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts