World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an impromptu session at walton on the naze yesterday evening. Due to the train strike I had to drive my son up to his mates caravan at walton so I thougth I`d stay on and cast a line if possible. I had a look up the peir but not allowed to fish after 5.00pm without season ticket. So I took a drive up the sea front and decide to try by a break water inthe hope of some bass. Anyway I didnt catch as I only had some sandeel for bait, which I didn`t think was going to be ideal, although I did try spinning for a while. But the main thing for me was to get to know a little the venue with the view to returning at a later date. I had a chat with a couple of locals who seemed to think the mark can be productive.
It was a very comfortable area to fish, almost straight out of the truck, so I`m keen to return. So, if anyone one has some tips (best baits/rigs etc for this area they would be much appreciated. :hug:

·
Registered
871 Posts
dont know the area at all mate, but a better selection of bait probably wouldnt hurt, rag/peeler would probably be best, depends what you are after though.
better luck next time mate.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Walton's beaches can be quite good. Use the search button at the top of the page to see reports.
Generally, the beaches are quite shallow. So long casting is needed.
The Naze end is good for bass, but can be snaggy. The beaches towards Frinton also produce,but during the Summer fishing in the evening,after the tourists have left, can be most productive.
All the usual baits and rigs work, but you might like to try a whole squid in a DVice.
Don't discount the pier. It can be good. (Although to-day it was dreadful!!)

All the best

Stu.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Casting is not my strong point so maybe I should try the pier :sad2:. Is it fishable at all states of the tide? I read your report Stufish. Were you at the end of the pier? I spoke to a guy who had a codling of there on thursday.

·
Registered
543 Posts
some good bass to be had of the pier mate try rag

1 - 5 of 5 Posts