World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided that today I would take Molly up the pier for an afternoons fishing. It was a lovely day, sunny, a slight westerley breeze and nice and warm. We got there about 12pm at fished at the lifeboat casting 2 rods (Molly) close in and me with one rod at range. Bait was squid, frozen blacks and rag, the only fish being caught (me) was a sizeable codling at range with a massive rag and lug cocktail.

Molly did well and her casting has improved a lot now we have had time to iron out the bumps. The Walton Pier club fishing a match on the end, didn't fair as well, with I think all of them blanking - but there you go ...... they were very nice and eager to offer me advice and tell me what I was doing wrong all the same :bangin:

Anyway, not much fish being caught throught the length of the pier, with the stem being the worst part judging by the comments of the people fishing there. I always find the pier fishes best from 2 hours down, casting at range with big bows in the line but even if we stayed longer I doubt it would have picked up much else.

Still, it was a good day for me and Molly, who was later convinced that it was actually her that caught the fish and took it round to Nannies to eat for her tea (bless)....

·
Registered
650 Posts
I decided that today I would take Molly up the pier for an afternoons fishing. It was a lovely day, sunny, a slight westerley breeze and nice and warm. We got there about 12pm at fished at the lifeboat casting 2 rods (Molly) close in and me with one rod at range. Bait was squid, frozen blacks and rag, the only fish being caught (me) was a sizeable codling at range with a massive rag and lug cocktail.

Molly did well and her casting has improved a lot now we have had time to iron out the bumps. The Walton Pier club fishing a match on the end, didn't fair as well, with I think all of them blanking - but there you go ...... they were very nice and eager to offer me advice and tell me what I was doing wrong all the same :bangin:

Anyway, not much fish being caught throught the length of the pier, with the stem being the worst part judging by the comments of the people fishing there. I always find the pier fishes best from 2 hours down, casting at range with big bows in the line but even if we stayed longer I doubt it would have picked up much else.

Still, it was a good day for me and Molly, who was later convinced that it was actually her that caught the fish and took it round to Nannies to eat for her tea (bless)....
Went to Deal Pier myself with exactly the same result. Roll on the next couple of months. It doesnt seem right to fish in the sunshine, rather have the fingers a bit fresh. Coddy is soon with us. Hoorah.:busted_co

·
Registered
839 Posts
Asked how the pier has been fishing late last week ..........it doesn't seem to have picked up as of yet!!!!!!!!!............Decent bass should be showing soon( ie early Autumn) down the legs of the pier black 'Redgills' being a good bet....Question ?????? has the Mackeral shown up in any numbers this year??? or have they been A.W.O.L again:cry:

'Hey chico'

·
Registered
543 Posts
Asked how the pier has been fishing late last week ..........it doesn't seem to have picked up as of yet!!!!!!!!!............Decent bass should be showing soon( ie early Autumn) down the legs of the pier black 'Redgills' being a good bet....Question ?????? has the Mackeral shown up in any numbers this year??? or have they been A.W.O.L again:cry:

'Hey chico'
mackeral not shown up at all i've been told

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Great report, Bread.

Thanks.

:clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
i was up there on saturday fished near top left corner, the top was packed fishing beside me was the sea angler boys shane pullen and co. fishing was slow only caught 3 small fish. it good to hear the codling are showing early bow well for this winter

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yep u no it. shane did say it was only a warn up b4 the camera crew etc come down some time in the winter. it good hearing that the codling are now showing up that the 3rd one ive hear of been caught of the pier in the last 2weeks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts