World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't be arsed to do my own report, so here's one from Bread..............

Concrete, Bob and me were to fish the pier yesterday from HT down. I think that when Bob realised what the weather was going to be like he decided to make his excuses and remain at home - we didn't blame him.

We managed to get to the top left corner and the fist thing we noticed was the amount of rubbish left by anglers next to the railings. To be honest, it really was tking the pis5 as there were black bin bags full of food, wrappers and drinks bottles - overflowing with bait wrappers, squid boxes etc. We were going to take the rubbish to the bins at the step of the pier, but it was far too much for us to carry. I have a funny feeling that this is the last season the pier will be open to anglers - especially overnight and this is doing us no favours if we petition to try and keep it open if it does close.

So shame on you whoever left it there.

rant over....

Anyway, the rain was throwing it down, with a 35-45 SSW wind driving it into our waterproofs, so it was diffucult to stand up never mind cast at any range. The boards were very slippy, and more than one occasion I lost my footing while casting and nearly fell over - highly amusing (apparently).

We were into the fish from the start with the usual small pouting on the first couple of chucks. Concrete had brought his new "bling" Nemesis SLR which, I was very impressed with the tip and hpw light it was. We were getting small bass to about a pound shortly after along with the pout, and also later codling - of which only one was sizeable of about 2lb which Concrete caught. Unfortunaltely, when he filleted it, it was manky inside, so it went over the railings for the crabs.

Even though the weather was appauling, we still had a really good fishing session - and finished up at a sensible midnight as we both have things to do today.

·
Registered
296 Posts
codling?! that sounds good!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Have you ever had that De-ja-vue feeling, it's almost as though I had seen that report before, weird ain't it :whistling

Just because you got anew rod :giveup:

·
Banned
17,783 Posts
If it was you catching fish Issy the yes - but it looks like a "no" on the de ja vu.

(again)

:roll1:

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Anyway, the rain was throwing it down, with a 35-45 SSW wind driving it into our waterproofs, so it was diffucult to stand up never mind cast at any range. The boards were very slippy, and more than one occasion I lost my footing while casting and nearly fell over - highly amusing (apparently).

It would take a hurricane to knock you over fatty:roll1:

·
Banned
17,783 Posts
Ooooooooooo!!!! Meow!

Did someone ask you where Snow White was again Ron?:bleh:

Anyway, when are you off to Oz?
I think you mean Dorothy...... which means Ron must be the gayest munchkin in the village :wiggle:

there's no place like Southend .......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts