World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished right by the entrance again - mainly to avoid the wind!
Caught only three small bass on lug and rag. Squid, black lug, mackerel, totally ignored.Had loads of rattling bites which came to nothing.
A local angler reported that there had been some mackerel caught by the lifeboat atation around high water during the last couple of days and there was some signs of mackerel activity at high water, but by the time I got a set of feathers on, the buggers had gone!
Still, a nice day. Absolutely hundreds of people about, with kids asking the inevitable question "Caught (or more often "catched"(!!)anything yet?" Don't you just love 'em?!
There's also an international Scout Jamboree at Clacton at the moment and most of 'em came to Walton yesterday for a change of scenery.

Stu.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well done Stu, you had a good day then :whistling
Glad to see you're on the ball, Steve! Yeah, not a bad day(?)!
It was like fishing in a football crowd! Have a good day tomorrow.

Stu.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I think you will be going but the weather is cack for Offshore fishing.Still,you like getting wet and rolling around!
Im going out for the day...ashore for lunch!
I second that. Was offshore today. Rock and roll and very few fish. Hope its better for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I think you will be going but the weather is cack for Offshore fishing.Still,you like getting wet and rolling around!
Im going out for the day...ashore for lunch!
No we won't, Terry rang and it's off :cry:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Best way mate,that is a very fair call on Terry's part.Some people would go just to take your money.Nice to see there are still a few of us around with scruples!
Your right there Ron, been out to many times with skippers who take you out for half a days fishing in bad weather and all they could say was"Thems the breaks". Would rather they call it off than take your money for nothing, dissapointing, but sensible and safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts