World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished walton pier today,arrived at 10.30 fished at the entrance,i had a fish on just by the piles but it snagged me up and i lost the fish and my rig(its very snaggy by the piles and just a bit futher up)so i decided to cast out to sea a bit .one rod had rag-flapper and one rod had pulley rig -whole squid.i got one bootlace,and i had a whopper of a knock on the squid rod but i failed to connect-lost fish.after high tide -NOTHING,my rigs were coming back untouched,not even crabs would touch them.perhaps i might try up further next time..black hawk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i buggared the report up,of course it was the 14th not the 18th,can i also pass this on about the tackle i used.the weights were from www.fishwithfinn.co.uk these weights skim along the water and not drag along the bottom i cannot recommend them enough.the ones i bought were 6ozs(5 for £6.00) do yourself a favour and buy some.(no i do not work for them either incase you thought so).....go to the website and have a look for yourself............best wishes black hawk

·
Registered
20,807 Posts
Very much like the breakaway flattie leads which I tried at Grays and Thurrock and they didn't really hold. Better off with a lead lift and wires(fixed or breakaway) IMO. You get the bolt rig effect also with wires

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Seen "Densboy" using those leads and they look OK John , They come in fixed wire and breakaway versions too and plane up well . Hold Ok -Cast Ok - far enough for what we do on the river anyway.
but x5 for £6 ? - Maybe you'll find one -one day :spiteful:

·
Registered
20,807 Posts
If I find one I'll try it.....went to hunstanton last weekend to see relatives , bought breakaways for less than a quid each up there!

Seen "Densboy" using those leads and they look OK John , They come in fixed wire and breakaway versions too and plane up well . Hold Ok -Cast Ok - far enough for what we do on the river anyway.
but x5 for £6 ? - Maybe you'll find one -one day :spiteful:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts