World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is Walton pier fish able at low tide?or is it best to go around high tide. May sound a stupid question to some but never fished there before ,thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hi, Rockbasher.

Generally speaking, the pier is fishable at all states of the tide,but, obviously, the water is quite shallow at the entrance. Having said that, I recently caught a bass at low water at the beginning of the stem. At this time of year, however, you will find swimmers,jetskis and the "beach patrol" rib well within fishing range! This mark is also noted for sole.

An alternative spot is the club hut a bit further down on the right. Again, it's shallow at low water, but you can still catch fish.

There's always a reasonable depth at the end of the pier. The pier fishes better on the ebb, but I try and pick a tide so that I can fish 2/3 hours up and 2/3 down.

Anyway, give it a go at any time. You may get a surprise!!

Best of luck,

Stu.

G

·
I like to fish from the pier either low water up or high water down. The change of tide seems to bring the fish on the feed.

Fish close in if it's rough or as far out as you can if it's calm.

Top spots are left end corner, left of the tide graph hut and the lifeboat station.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts