World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all was thinking of fishing on the pier for a 2 to 3 day session with my son if this is allowed where could i get a yearly pass and what would the costs be. my son is 14 any info on this and where to fish on the pier would be appreciated many thanks gazz

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
A season ticket costs £60 each and they expire in September. You need a season ticket to fish after 5pm.
If I were spending 2/3 days on the pier,I'd set up at the end in the left hand corner,although it's not neccesarily always the best spot to fish.
Fishing's a little bit hit and miss at the moment, but the bigger tides are producing a few fish. I can only talk about day fishing,as I'm too lazy to night fish!
Bait is available from Meta-Lite Tackle in Newgate Street. Tel 01255 675680.
All the usual baits usually work.....although to-day only rag was catching. If you stick Walton Pier in the search button at the top of the page,you'll find heaps of info.
All the best,

Stu.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers stu £120 for a session is a bit steep if it runs out in sept is there anywhere you could recommend mainly targeting bass thanks gazz:sad:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Well, I suppose anywhere along the beach or the prom from the Naze down to Frinton. Obviously day fishing will be a problem because of swimmers and sunbathers, but you're better off in the evening or early morning anyway,as I'm sure you know.
Have a look up the Naze end at low water to find some rough ground.Fish a big bait very close in and smaller one at distance.
A fellow last week-ish had a 6lb-er off the prom......first time he'd been fishing. You could also try the left hand side of the pier at high water for sole.
If Concreteor Bread see this thread they'll be able to give some more advice.
Let us know how you get on.

Stu.

·
Banned
17,789 Posts
This time of year the pier is going to be very busy during the day so be careful when casting - I think if you called the Pier directly and explain your situation, you might get the tickets a bit cheaper.

Another good place you could try from low water up would be at the "huts on stilts" at Frinton. Park along the promenade near the Golf Club and walk to the end of the huts - should be good for sole at the moment and I've heard small bass are showing around there.

Another good place for bait is from the Austins on Kino Road - go to the traffic lights as you come into Walton and turn left at the old "Kino" and you'll see the sign outside his house. He normally has loads of really good fresh rag and frozen stuff too - his number (for Nicky or Bubbles) is 01255 678564.

Other than that, as Stu mentioned, get yourself down the Naze - weve had bass to 5lb down there over the years but its really snaggy, so reel in quick or you'll lose gear.

Have a quick call to the Pier and see what they say - I'm sure they will give you a couple of season tickets for a lot less than 120 quid at this time of year - especially if you only get 2 months out of them and as Stu says, get youself on the top left corner and stay put - thats the best place for fish, or up by the lifeboat - just don't cast to the left just before the top left corner as the old ferry ropes are down there and you'll lose all your gear.

I think that should cover it for now :thumbs:

Concrete should be around later - if he isn't too busy eating his way out of his dinner :uhuh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts