World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have 300 euro which is about £210/220 and want/need to spend on new gear.I fish a variety of ground-clean beaches-rock marks. I am looking for a rod & reel(multiplier). Any advice would be great

Nigel

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hi nige, can't believe you havn't had a reply yet, you should be able to get some pretty nice kit for that sort of money and I would suggest you have a look at the various posts to give you some idea. If you call into any tackle shop and have a look at what they have to offer I'm sure you'll get a feeling for what you want-then before buying ask on here about specific items and I feel sure that someone will point you in the right direction :)

Ps have a look at some of the Penn combo deals on offer although there was a thread on here that there are some places selling rods and reels seperately that work out cheaper

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi Nige
Some good advice from Paid4.
When I was after a reel I looked in tackle shops and studied threads posted on WSF. I ended up buying two reels that were recommended and very pleased with them I am. I may well have chosen others if not for advice here.
I am surprised you havn't had more replies as these guys could soon spend your 300 euro for you. LOL. :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hi Nige. If I had a budget of £220 I'd shop around for a Daiwa supercast PM if its for mainly clean to moderate broken ground teamed up with a SL20SH. I'd use this reel over one of the smaller Abu's or 7ht because it is far more robust and still casts well. Only my choice though. If you shop around you should be able to get both for near your budget.

:) KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD :)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Nige

You have an option? Buy, a a couple of cheap rods and reels or buy an expensive outfit. The choice is yours?, but then again it depends on the ground you are fishing. One decent rod and reel out or 2-3 half decent rods out. Sorry if this is not of any help?

Woodster

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have decided on getting Abu 6500C3 reel and more than likely a abu stigma rod but am also looking at the Abu Survan. Thanks for the replies only seen them to-night

nigel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts