World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished a little mark this morning on the river,got there at 3.45 and had my rods out at 4am.target for today was barbel.used halibut pellet on one wrapped in paste with a bag of free offerings and luncheon meat on the other with a stringer.to say it was mental would about sum it up,i had 8 chub first eight casts,biggest going 5lb 12oz a new pb for me so well chuffed,but still no barbel.as the sun came up the bites dried up,nothing for an hour then bang,off took one of my rods with a screaming run,struck into it and it went beserk,all over the weir pool i was fishing,after a great scrap i managed to net the beuty,and yes it was my target,a barbel weighing in at 9lb 4oz,i was home sanding my skirting boards by 9.30!!!,cracking little session.will try and put pics up later.
photos in post below!

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
Sounds like a good result to me. Great stuff there It were all stick floats/wagglers and bronze maggots Back in the day.:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: .

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a good result to me. Great stuff there It were all stick floats/wagglers and bronze maggots Back in the day.:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: .
ha ha ha,i cant master ledgering let alone stick floats mate!:roll1:
this is the veiw as the sun came up

9lb 4oz barbel

5lb 12oz chub

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
ha ha ha,i cant master ledgering let alone stick floats mate!:roll1:
this is the veiw as the sun came up

9lb 4oz barbel

5lb 12oz chub
You have had some Lunkers there. But why use the bite alarm??? The sight of the rod bowing over and clattering off the rests would be enough to signal the slightest of Barbel takes. And as regards Chub Double pinkie on a 22 and a 12 oz bottom will suffice in winter in a match. Times have changed And those who read the conditions on any particular stretch of the river deserve a result. As you have:thumbs::clap:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have had some Lunkers there. But why use the bite alarm??? The sight of the rod bowing over and clattering off the rests would be enough to signal the slightest of Barbel takes. And as regards Chub Double pinkie on a 22 and a 12 oz bottom will suffice in winter in a match. Times have changed And those who read the conditions on any particular stretch of the river deserve a result. As you have:thumbs::clap:
to be honest nick,the reason i had the alarms on was i had my back to the rods a bit as when i got there,there was mess everywhere,luncheon meat tins,lager bottles and cans,sweetcorn tins,plastic bags and a big smouldering fire,so i picked up what i could and put the fire completely out.it was disgusting,our polish "friends"had had a good bbq there as there were fish carcus's in the fire,from the size id say small perch,nothing big(although a fish is a fish).rang the baliff of the water when i got home and all i got was not much i can do about it,i'll go down later to have a look!!!:yawn:
with regards the chub,we have tried maggots trotted down for them but if and its a big if you catch one its a chublet.but put a pellet or lump of meat on and the big dogs come out to play!to be honest i think the reason they are going off maggot is because there are so many barbel anglers using the pellet and meat tactic its easy pickings for the chub too!

·
Registered
884 Posts
i am planning the fish the avon this weekend hopefully...would that stretch be a BAA water, somewhere near Bidford by any chance?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am planning the fish the avon this weekend hopefully...would that stretch be a BAA water, somewhere near Bidford by any chance?
ha ha spot on mate!!! fish the far side,one rod up close to the weir and the other in the slack at the back of it,but if you go,go early!!:whistling

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.