World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In warkworth for two week hols and looking to catch bass, mackerel. Off beach, shore.
Any advice on local marks etc appreciated

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The beach between Walkworth and Amble can be good for Turbot this time of year.Half tide down to half up.
Fish no more than 20 yards with a 2 hook flapper,size 2 hooks and Macky baits.Also the chance of an odd Flounder and Bass....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The beach between Walkworth and Amble can be good for Turbot this time of year.Half tide down to half up.
Fish no more than 20 yards with a 2 hook flapper,size 2 hooks and Macky baits.Also the chance of an odd Flounder and Bass....
thanks - was down between warkworth and alnmouth today, a few guys down there doing just that.
theres a nice rocky outcrop near alnmouth which looks like it could hold some bass - i'll give that a go later in the week

·
Registered
392 Posts
hadston, hauxley or druridge bay may be a better bet if your after bass, but the sea conditions need to be right.

:fishing1:

·
Registered
392 Posts
pm sent mate.
:eek:fftopic: has anyone been catching macky off the pier this summer? fancy a go but its a looong walk if theres nothing occuring lol

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
:eek:fftopic: has anyone been catching macky off the pier this summer? fancy a go but its a looong walk if theres nothing occuring lol

North pier has been ok for mackie and some decent sized launce., probably worth the trek to get there.

·
Registered
578 Posts
hadston, hauxley or druridge bay may be a better bet if your after bass, but the sea conditions need to be right.

:fishing1:
Wish I could get them! I fished Hadston and Hauxley 25 times in the last 30 days and all I get is millions of flounders and coalies. Sick of the buggers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my very first fish a coley of the warkworth pier on my birthday as well if any one was there i was the one doing the dance after one coley,

well done me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts