World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im brandnew to pier/shore/beach fishing and last week decided to go to amble(warkworth side) pier.
Me and my friend jacky took 2 rods(£20 ebay specials), 2 tripod seats and a box with a few ready made rigs, weights and bait, thinking we were going to catch loads of fish haha loads of cheap gear and nee idea.
Well we had to park about a mile and a half away from the pier next to the caravan site, cut through the sand dunes and walk along the beach. We got there about 6.20am got set up and fished for hours. Fishing wasnt as easy as it looks haha. We were there for 8 hours altogether and caught 1 fish a handfull of green crabs and a tiny octopus haha. Lucky jacky knew what the fish was,"a weaver" and it was poisonous so cut it and chucked it back. Even though we didnt catch a load of massive fish we still had an amaizing time. That good we decided to make it our new hobbie every 2 weeks a new venue up the northeast coast. Im going to seaham (the blast) tomora with my new beachcaster and shelter to stop over the night, on the hunt for my massive cod haha. Then me and jacky are gunna smash craster on saturday off the rocks so will hopefully have a better feed for you guys next time. Good luck fishing everybody and tight lines

Attachments

·
Registered
19,457 Posts
That fish mate is not a weaver..its a short spined sea scorpion ..but nothing poisonous about it... glad you had fun getting out there..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts