World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just a quick question, just bought myself some new waist waders, and wore them yesterday, I noticed that my feet very quickly got cold in them.I Bought them one size bigger than I normally take to allow for ease of movement in them.
I dont want to turn the thread into a " Should have got Neoprene waders " or
Should have got breathable ones " etc, I just would like any suggestions based on use, as to what type of liners, or insoles would be best to keep my feet warm, and wont slip down to the toe when I put the waders on.
I have thermal wellies, and some decent thigh waders, and never ever get cold in them. It is probable that the soles on the waders arent as thick as the other footwear mentioned.
Thanks for any sugestions.

Dave

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
for years ive always bought my waders a size too big and wore neoprene socks inside them. the last pair of neoprene socks i bought wre too thick so no good.

all i do now is put on a pair of work socks and a pair of the ... heat holders ... on top of them. works a treat.

G

·
Go to your local csrpet shop and ask if they have any old carpet sample books.Pick the thickest most expensive wool sample and cut out a pair of insoles.Been doing this for years and don't get cold feet ever.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Hi, just a quick question, just bought myself some new waist waders, and wore them yesterday, I noticed that my feet very quickly got cold in them.I Bought them one size bigger than I normally take to allow for ease of movement in them.
I dont want to turn the thread into a " Should have got Neoprene waders " or
Should have got breathable ones " etc, I just would like any suggestions based on use, as to what type of liners, or insoles would be best to keep my feet warm, and wont slip down to the toe when I put the waders on.
I have thermal wellies, and some decent thigh waders, and never ever get cold in them. It is probable that the soles on the waders arent as thick as the other footwear mentioned.
Thanks for any sugestions.

Dave
Easy, Dave. Ron Thompson Fleece lined neoprene socks, or similar.
And you definitely did well not getting neoprene ones, as those you cannot wear in summer.
With neoprene socks you can wear year round. In serious cold, I wear thick socks and neoprene ones.

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys, like the carpet liners, and also like the neoprene socks idea my only reservation with those is that when I used to go caving, I wore neoprene socks,inside my boots and they quickly developed holes in the toes and heels, mind you, they had serious wear and I used to walk climb and crawl miles in them, how are the wear issues Lads ?

Dave

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
They wear great Dave put your normal wellie socks over them & they cant really rub holes in the heels as for holes in the toe end.Cut your toe nails before you go fishing :laugh:

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions guys, like the carpet liners, and also like the neoprene socks idea my only reservation with those is that when I used to go caving, I wore neoprene socks,inside my boots and they quickly developed holes in the toes and heels, mind you, they had serious wear and I used to walk climb and crawl miles in them, how are the wear issues Lads ?

Dave
Have to say, never experienced any problems at all with wearing holes in them, and i wear outside my socks.
I have split the seams on a pair, but that was after many years and literally tens of miles plus.
I wear my socks beating, walking a good 10-15 miles a day. Never a hole.
Frankly, they are so cheap - less than a good pair of socks - you are not going to worry about it. I still have a few pairs of new ones as back up, and imagine it will be quite a few years before they are needed.
I also think they probably protect your expensive nice thermal socks!
:)

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Tatch and Ben, I will go for the Neoprenes then. Warm toes here I come !!!!!

Dave.

And I will cut my toenails, just need a pair of industrial side cutters, and an angle grinder to give the right 'finish"

:roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1:

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts