·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WARNING!

Product Machine Metal Grey Composite material

Ace line atlantic

Traphauls
The summer of 2009 I bought a traphaul, and ever since I have had*nothing but trouble. In the advertisement the dealer in Norway claims the product to be produced according to specifications made by professional fishermen, and that the product has been tested.
My experience so far indicates that this product is completely useless as a traphaul. First of all, the pullspeed of 51 meters per minute is way too fast. This winchspeed is too fast to ensure a safe winching of the rope. If you then have a chain of traps,* the resistance in these will become so strong that the fuse breaks.
After a short period the gear of the traphaul broke. Then the bolt on the torqueweels was bent and the bushing in the torquewheels failed. The dish,*on which one of the torquewheels was mounted,*was also bent. The safetypin in the boom was too short, and the
safetydevise locked before the safetypin was in place. There was not a ropelock mounted on the traphauler, but the holes were predrilled for future mounting. The ad illustrated the traphauler with the ropelock mounted. The red safetyrope between the
traphauler and the craneboom (to*avoid the craneboom falling into the sea) was attached with a cableshoe, this rope came off without any pressure. Engine and gear is mounted to the traphauler with 3 bolts and lockingnuts. The bolts are so short that even without the use of washers (not mounted), the bolts do not reach the teflon in the lockingnuts.
The ad for the traphaul claims that the haul has a traction of 120 kg. The way the engine, gear, safety and torquewheels are constructed, does NOT enable the hauler to work on such a strain.
The cost of the traphauler is 11*460,- Nok, but the way this hauler appears, it is not worth half the price. The item appears to be a poorly constructed device with the total lack of important details, but - a focus on good profit seems to outrank the need for a quality product.
The first time I was out*trying the traphaul, I discovered that the pullspeed was way too fast. I went back to the store to hand the product back in. The store was not willing to take it back, and asked me to get in touch with the importer. My next move was to get in touch with the importer by phone and letter in which I pointed out all errors and omissions. The importer promised to take a look at it, and suggested that we would find a solution. The importer has now promised and lied for a year and a half, and there is no progress from his side. The traphauler is now on land, and I* will never again have it in my boat.
Remember this story of Ace line Atlantic Traphaul if you ever should be tempted to acquire this product.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts