World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished bradwell beach ( in front of power station ) last night from low tide til high water, the power station itself protected us (with another forum member catjh ) from wind . was good to meet a fellow wsf member for first time and fish, whiting most of the night, sometimes 2 and 3 at a time and my new buddy had a small codlet.

ok now for the warning as title suggests, we parked in the public car park right at the very end, there were no signs saying we could not do so but when we returned it was padlock gated even though both our cars were in there. luckily I had my snips on me to cut through the metal fasteners on gates to get back out.
SO PLEASE BEWARE IF PARKING THERE

·
Registered
555 Posts
hi jim you can park in the car park to the left of the power station, and walk down that side,
well you could last year. mark

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi jim you can park in the car park to the left of the power station, and walk down that side,
well you could last year. mark
ah didnt know that, the car park I used was the last car park you come to and then you walk down the right side of the power station, tyvm

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good session then jim shame about the parking problem,wonder if the bass will put in a show there this year.

·
Registered
151 Posts
fished bradwell beach ( in front of power station ) last night from low tide til high water, the power station itself protected us (with another forum member catjh ) from wind . was good to meet a fellow wsf member for first time and fish, whiting most of the night, sometimes 2 and 3 at a time and my new buddy had a small codlet.

ok now for the warning as title suggests, we parked in the public car park right at the very end, there were no signs saying we could not do so but when we returned it was padlock gated even though both our cars were in there. luckily I had my snips on me to cut through the metal fasteners on gates to get back out.
Awesome time meeting WSF's very own Jimmy Kelly, great night mate (normally save that comment for the mrs lol) and great spot very little wind thanks to the power station and who said nuclear power was risky ;) codlet or no codlet nothing is beating your 3 fish on 2 hook rig, what a fishing moment ! thank god on that gate and only down side was bear grylls moment at 6.15am that caused the end otherwise I could of gone on till low tide again lol. for all those photo fans sorry I had a dumb blackberry and was useless in the dark even with flash!
Really good to get out with new faces and make new friends so thanks to WSF and to Jimmy again.

·
Banned
2,360 Posts

well done jim so you met james then well done on the fishing lucky you had them cutters or it might of been digging a tunnel ,its looking bad this weekend thats a good spot for the bass later on in the year for bait or spinning

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well done jim so you met james then well done on the fishing lucky you had them cutters or it might of been digging a tunnel ,its looking bad this weekend thats a good spot for the bass later on in the year for bait or spinning
Im definately going back, wanna try as far right as I walked with dog, but maybe when wind drops and hoping my next trip out will be end this month night trip to either clacton or aldeburgh (shingle street )

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Im definately going back, wanna try as far right as I walked with dog, but maybe when wind drops and hoping my next trip out will be end this month night trip to either clacton or aldeburgh (shingle street )
i will be going in the other direction for the skate fingers crossed ,my mate fished to the farrrrrrrrr right for a 2 day stay had alot of fish down there last year he done a write up on roker ron

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i will be going in the other direction for the skate fingers crossed ,my mate fished to the farrrrrrrrr right for a 2 day stay had alot of fish down there last year he done a write up on roker ron
I walked for 20 minutes to the right of steps past a sewage out pie and it looked well fishable, gonna try that soon I think, will look for his old thread if its under bradwell cheers Ian

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
I walked for 20 minutes to the right of steps past a sewage out pie and it looked well fishable, gonna try that soon I think, will look for his old thread if its under bradwell cheers Ian[/QUOTE]

Kinell! I wouldn't fancy a slice of that lol..:yucky:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks for the heads up,

Snagger:cool:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I walked for 20 minutes to the right of steps past a sewage out pie and it looked well fishable, gonna try that soon I think, will look for his old thread if its under bradwell cheers Ian

Kinell! I wouldn't fancy a slice of that lol..:yucky:[/QUOTE]

lmao meant sewage pipe , not pie and not really sure if it is a sewage pipe but some kind of outfall, may just be excess water from drains dunno

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Is that further inland obviously to the left of power station
Lot further round to the right,google St.Peter's chapel I think it is,supposed to be the oldest church in England,can be good for a stinger as well,we used to creep in there on the early flood churning up shell and all kinds of shyte years back when I crewed for Arther Weitzel,long walk mind.

·
Registered
21,324 Posts
Ah yes I remember it well Pete! Not sure it's that clever since the power station was decommissioned.
Lot further round to the right,google St.Peter's chapel I think it is,supposed to be the oldest church in England,can be good for a stinger as well,we used to creep in there on the early flood churning up shell and all kinds of shyte years back when I crewed for Arther Weitzel,long walk mind.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah know where u mean now, never fished it but been there
confession on a sunday lmfao

1 - 20 of 25 Posts