World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a half canopy for my warrior 165 but I have full hand rails going right up to the cuddy. Can anyone tell me if the canopy still fits or will I have to remove my rails and buy and fit new shorter ones?
Thanks for any advice everyone.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Email I got from Warrior

The price for a Warrior 175 Half Canopy complete (Cover in white, stainless steel hoop, ball joint swivel and fittings) is £385. Warrior only stock white and there were/are different blue colours used over the years, so which blue are you after as it will have to be made and will cost extra. Fixings are included but you have to punch the holes in the cover yourself using the existing turn buttons on your boat as a template.

Also the Warrior 175 manufactured in 2003 may have the side gunnel rails fixed into the upright of the cuddy and we can no longer source the fixings used at that time. Please see attached pictures of how the current half canopy is fixed to the boat (Demonstrated on the Warrior Pro Angler). To use the current fixings you would have to cut away some of the side gunnel rails in order to fit the ball joint onto the top of the gunnel.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Email I got from Warrior

The price for a Warrior 175 Half Canopy complete (Cover in white, stainless steel hoop, ball joint swivel and fittings) is £385. Warrior only stock white and there were/are different blue colours used over the years, so which blue are you after as it will have to be made and will cost extra. Fixings are included but you have to punch the holes in the cover yourself using the existing turn buttons on your boat as a template.

Also the Warrior 175 manufactured in 2003 may have the side gunnel rails fixed into the upright of the cuddy and we can no longer source the fixings used at that time. Please see attached pictures of how the current half canopy is fixed to the boat (Demonstrated on the Warrior Pro Angler). To use the current fixings you would have to cut away some of the side gunnel rails in order to fit the ball joint onto the top of the gunnel.
Ok, thanks mate. I don't think I will bother then as I will have to buy new rails and will have holes to repair etc.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've just fitted a half canopy to my warrior 175 I also have the rails to the cuddy I just bought the canopy only from warrior no frame then I sourced the fittings and went to the local stainless steel fabricater with some measurements and got them to bend some tube total spend just over £220 big saving and no need to cut away the hand rail.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just fitted a half canopy to my warrior 175 I also have the rails to the cuddy I just bought the canopy only from warrior no frame then I sourced the fittings and went to the local stainless steel fabricater with some measurements and got them to bend some tube total spend just over £220 big saving and no need to cut away the hand rail.
Thanks mate. Where have you fitted the lower brackets though. Just above the handrails? Any chance of a photo??

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm going to just cut 1 1/2 foot off each hand rails and get a stainless Steel cap for the pipe.The only hole you will have is where the rail was bolted onto the cuddy,a bit of filler and a rub it should look fine..
The fittings are really good that now come with the canopy..
I used to have a warrior 165 with the canopy that clamped onto the hand rail and it Kept sliding when in the move..

·
Registered
309 Posts
No mate it won't do,just got mine today off warrior and I have to cut about 1-2ft off the side handrails.The new type canopy has a different type mounting...
See pics
View attachment 149874
View attachment 149875
View attachment 149876
Terry the photos attached here are a Pro-Angler the same as mine not a 165, a mate of mine had a half canopy made for an Orkney 590 at Rye Harbour Marine for less than half Warrior would charge you and that is fitted to his gunnel rails.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.