World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads and lasses does any one out there have trim tabs fitted to there 175 and if so did they have any positive results i.e reduce porpoising.

G

·
Hi Col

Lots and lots of posts on tabs of various styles fitted to various boats including most Warriors.

Do a search and take your pick about who's opinion you'll run with.

My own opinion is that a proper set of adjustable tabs are worth their weight in gold at adjusting a boats lateral or longitudinal trim.
A well designed boat shouldn't porpoise unless worked to the relative extremes of trim or conditions. If your boat is porpoising then perhaps there is something not quite right and whilst tabs will help AND be a huge boon fo their actual job you may find an easier fix.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate when im out it only does it in certain sea conditions but must cost a fortune in fuel because your always trying to get the bow back up.

·
Registered
190 Posts
FWIW I dont consider it worth fitting tabs to a 175. I didnt when I had mine, and did think long and hard about it.

IMO they dont suffer from the issues that the 165 does, and the heavier weight and wider beam help stability hugely.

Save your money!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ye thanks for that Ive gone back through the site archives and i think the cash can stay in the pocket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts