1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mate is currently thinking of buying a used warrior 175
with a honda 90f/t fully rigged out 1 year old with 45 hrs on
the clock the price is around 16k firstly is it worth this money
and will he be able to tow it with a vectra 2.0 diesel estate..
or is there better value for money out there..:drunk:
thanks in advance Paul...

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Price is right compared to new, The Vectra will pull it. You don't mention the make of trailer.

It isn't a bargain, it is market price IMHO, depends of course on what come with it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd say it is too dear and under powered with a 90.

I sold mine 6 months ago - had a 130hp Honda with 200hrs. Fully loaded electronics 10" plotter, 6" colour sounder etc, etc all in imaculate condition - £16,750.

They are rarer than many boats second hand but if he holds out he will get a better deal.

The 115hp is the engine to look for.

I towed with a 2.0l Diesel Saab, so your mate will be OK.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
A 175 in my yard has a 75hp on!does 27knotts 2 up,but its still a heavy boat for a 75hp.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine was a bit of a one off with the 130hp - incidently it topped out at 38 knots, but was only usable on a flat sea. What it did mean however was that she would cruise at 22-25 nicely at just 3000 rpm.

A bit unfair of me to say it is under powered - it's not and yes will do 28 knots, but it'll be working harder.

A more acurate comment is that it is a better boat with the 115 - plus more saleable IMO.

Adam

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine was a bit of a one off with the 130hp - incidently it topped out at 38 knots, but was only usable on a flat sea. What it did mean however was that she would cruise at 22-25 nicely at just 3000 rpm.

A bit unfair of me to say it is under powered - it's not and yes will do 28 knots, but it'll be working harder.

A more acurate comment is that it is a better boat with the 115 - plus more saleable IMO.

Adam
not many around for sale full stop..very hard to find a tidy 1
i know he doesnt want to buy new a bit out of his price range
he may settle for a 165 but i'm trying to convince him to wait
for a nice 175 to come along lol...i think its a much better boat

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yep - I'd agree. Nothing wrong with a 165, but the 175 is on a different league - Ive owned both.

They are expensive new, esp. once you add your kit.

You / he needs to be patient. It took me about 4 or 5 months to find mine, but believe me it is worth waiting for. Keep a good eye on the web in the usual places.

Any other Q's just ask.

Adam

·
Registered
594 Posts
go for it mate when i bought mine it had a 75 mariner on the back and to be fair this engine did find it hard work as it is a fairly heavy boat compered to a 165, i now have a honda 115 and its a different boat saying that a 90 will push it along nicely the only thing that will be under powered is the vectra i had one when i first bought the warrior and got rid of it PDQ and bought a 4x4 the vectra being front wheel drive will really struggle on the slip ways.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a 75 on my 175 and I find it more than adequate, although I'm sure she would go quicker with more on the back. In a flat sea I've had 30kn and cruise around 18 or 19 in a slight sea which is approx 4000 revs.

In terms of the boat, I love it-ride and sea keeping are superb, and it feels solid and very safe.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Cant comment on the boat but if the economic news is anything to go by, your mate will be one of a few who may benifit from the credit crunch! Drive a hard bargain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts