World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking at used boat packages, comparing elites and warriors they seem to me to be very similar boats (but i dont know much!) the elite seems to come up cheaper, is there a vast differance between them?.......thanks andy.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
When I was looking around last year, the Elite really took my fancy, but when I looked for the manufacturer, I couldn't find them - I think they went bust (but my humble apologies to them if it ain't so). I bought a Warrior second hand but from the factory and have been very pleased. While mine was in for service a few weeks ago the local place had an Elite for sale so I got chance to have a close look. Have to say I'm glad I went for the Warrior.

T

·
0 Posts
Speak to Endeavour Boats who is a regular contributor on here.

I am sure he will try and sell you one of his, but if you ask nicely he will also exlain how the various boats came about (there is a story to tell).

Then the reasons why Predator, Endeavour, Warrior, Samurai and so on all look similar will become clear.

Once you have the information, you can make a good judgement based on your knowledge and personal preference.

Tom

·
Registered
267 Posts
Speak to Endeavour Boats who is a regular contributor on here.

I am sure he will try and sell you one of his, but if you ask nicely he will also exlain how the various boats came about (there is a story to tell).

Then the reasons why Predator, Endeavour, Warrior, Samurai and so on all look similar will become clear.

Once you have the information, you can make a good judgement based on your knowledge and personal preference.

Tom
What is the story - for those who only have an academic interest (and therefore won't bother Endevour)

T

·
0 Posts
I only know the rumours and "may" have things @rse about face so I think Steve should explain and will probably prefer to do it privately.

Tom

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had heard that the Samurai and Warrior hulls were from the same original mold (but only anecdotal evidence), and I knew the Endevour and Predator were very similar - all differing in only top mouldings, price and perhaps, standard of finish.....?

On a similar note, what is there to stop anyone making their own mold from a Warrior hull, and turning out their own line of Samendevprediorr boats?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I had heard that the Samurai and Warrior hulls were from the same original mold (but only anecdotal evidence), and I knew the Endevour and Predator were very similar - all differing in only top mouldings, price and perhaps, standard of finish.....?

On a similar note, what is there to stop anyone making their own mold from a Warrior hull, and turning out their own line of Samendevprediorr boats?
As Tom suggested I think it is best for Steve to give the ultimate response but I know that Warrior, Explorer and Endevour were all involved with one company before they went their own seperate ways.
Samurai boats, made by SeaHog, use a differant hull design as do the Preditor.

In answer to your final question, copyright on a hull design, you can modify and change but can not copy. :uhuh:

Dave
:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
interesting stuff.......mike...with the 165 can you explain why you were so glad you went with the warrior after seing the elite? ...andy

·
Registered
216 Posts
As Tom suggested I think it is best for Steve to give the ultimate response but I know that Warrior, Explorer and Endevour were all involved with one company before they went their own seperate ways.
:)
Sorry to disappoint but we weren't all involved....

1. In Approx 1992 i built the Delmar 16 when i was working for my Uncle.
2. In 1997 as GRP Designs using a Delmar hull mould that i modified. I developed the Explorer 500.
3. In 1999 i got involved with 2 partners and the GRP Design was formed ans the Explorer 500 became the Explorer 2000.
4. In 2000 i left the company and developed the Mk1 Endeavour 500 using the same plug that i used to develop the Explorer.
5. Some modifications were made to the Explorer by then Explorer Boats Ltd and it became the Explorer Elite.
6. In January 2004 Endeavour Boats launched we launched the Mk2 Endeavour 500.

And somewhere between 1 and 2 Warrior and Seahog Samurai popped up. The Predator is a totally different hull...

:g:

·
Registered
267 Posts
So the divergance between Endevour, Explorer, Samurai and Warrior occurred quite early on.......Is there actually much difference? how little do you have to modify to get around design copyright? (I'm not about to launch my own brand of Endeviorr:uhuh::) )

I'd be interested in knowing how Warrior seem to have come to the fore - better marketing? build quality? Given the porpoising problem (or else the need to fit trim tabs) and the anchor locker leakage problems, it seems strange that they can charge a premium when there are other very similar (almost identical?) boats out there.....

·
Registered
216 Posts
In the Marine industry its called splashing. It does go on. It even happened with the Mk1 Endeavour. But it won't do you any favours. The Warrior and Samurai hulls are different to the Endeavour and Explorer hulls.

Most boats are built to different standards and specifications, and as we don't build as many as Warrior or Seahog. I can keep the quality of the product 100% from start to finish and offer a 5yr hull warranty.
In the Grp Industry i have built everything from Chemical Pipes/Tanks, Vehicle bodies, Rigid Inflatables, Ponds/Swimming Pools and the List goes on..... I was always told to expect 10% failure in Manufacturing. I am still to have 1 product fail which i have made.

Some of the customers we have worked for include Gulf Offshore, ICI Zeneca, Albion Chemicals, Cartwright Trailers, Marsden Vanplan, Environment Agency and Rolls Royce.

:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

Talk about blowing my own trumpet...

:yahoo:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing how Warrior seem to have come to the fore - better marketing? build quality? Given the porpoising problem (or else the need to fit trim tabs) and the anchor locker leakage problems, it seems strange that they can charge a premium when there are other very similar (almost identical?) boats out there.....
Never understood this myself :g:
I know a couple of Warrior owners, one of which is a commercial Bass guy, neither of them rate them that much.
They would be well down my list if i was in the market for a small outboard boat.

Alan

T

·
0 Posts
Talk about blowing my own trumpet...

:yahoo:
Nothing wrong with that Steve.

Everyone knows what a tart I am on here and you generally sit quietly in the background.
So heres to Endeavour Boats :notworthy:clap3::clap3::clap3::notworthy

I think your products and track record speak for themselves and it is good to hear the story about the various manufacturers from the horses mouth (so to speak... not calling you a horse or anything).

Have a good 07/08 build year and may you sell as many first class products as you can produce.

Tom

T

·
0 Posts
Never understood this myself :g:
I know a couple of Warrior owners, one of which is a commercial Bass guy, neither of them rate them that much.
They would be well down my list if i was in the market for a small outboard boat.

Alan
Warrior have a very big marketing spend at boat shows and also in magazines and competitions etc.
They have big facilities and can churn out products like they are going out of fashion.
I am not for one minute going to say the boats are bad, I think that for what you get they are very good, but they are expensive compared with other extremly similar products.

They have to charge a premium to recover a lot of the costs in markettig etc.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
go see them built.

i have had 2 warriors and fished from an elite. though good the elite did seem more flexible than a warrior. i sure some tech head will be able to tell you there are so many microns extra of this and that but for me the warrior is just better constructed.
of course i would say this as i have had 2.

C

·
0 Posts
I am impressed by the (non) failure of Endeavour boats and given my poor experiences with a £20k mass produced pilothouse style boat I would go for an Endeavour when I replace it, if they can make me a 25ft inboard diesel Pilothouse:notworthy:):clap3:

·
Registered
574 Posts
I own a Seahog Samurai 01 build and brought the boat basically down to cost/ condition, some Warrior owners and only some turn there noses up at them and I think it's due to a tell, tell rumour around Warrior and Samurai boats. Basically there the same boat in my opinion having friend with Warriors and fished from them. However having read the comment and a good one at that from Endeavour boats in this competitive marget, small orders better quality build, I would agree.

here's the Warrior and Seahog

·
Registered
584 Posts
Its interesting to read these posts. Been in, and watched marketing for many years. Some manufacturers use a classic, 'shout loud and charge top dollar' technique, I'm sure they produce a product worthy of their belief in it. The customer is taken in by "its costs X-£££££!!!" so it must be better, and of course wont say its not up to scratch, cant loose face, parted with a small fortune, fit a set of ???? to solve the problem:uhuh: , what happened to 'not fit for purpose'. On the other hand, there are manufacturers who get on 'knowingly and quietly', getting it right with out the need for modification.

I have to say, the 'loud' approach will win on %'age every time, cos we are gullible to marketing pressures:g: Loud'ish:) genuine top performance at the right price, plus a moderate marketing budget, wow, the problem then, how to cope with all the orders!!:blink:

Mass produce pilot house type, looked at offerings a few years back. When they (. . . ??? . . . ) were desperate to sell product, I Kept getting phone calls, revising the deal down in my favour! Light lay-up, light, internal fit out, engine consumables impossible to get at, unless you were a contortionist!

Call me an old cynic, personal opinion of course . . . . stay old fashioned, quietly confident . . . :clap3:

ET's OPO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to disappoint but we weren't all involved....

1. In Approx 1992 i built the Delmar 16 when i was working for my Uncle.
2. In 1997 as GRP Designs using a Delmar hull mould that i modified. I developed the Explorer 500.
3. In 1999 i got involved with 2 partners and the GRP Design was formed ans the Explorer 500 became the Explorer 2000.
4. In 2000 i left the company and developed the Mk1 Endeavour 500 using the same plug that i used to develop the Explorer.
5. Some modifications were made to the Explorer by then Explorer Boats Ltd and it became the Explorer Elite.
6. In January 2004 Endeavour Boats launched we launched the Mk2 Endeavour 500.

And somewhere between 1 and 2 Warrior and Seahog Samurai popped up. The Predator is a totally different hull...

:g:
Hi Steve I have an Endevour with a 60 hp 4 stroke could I go bigger! Any info on hull much appreciated Bobby.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts