World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to WSF first post
I am currently looking to purchase a new WARRIOR PRO ANGLER after looking at many other makes ie, raider,orkney,predator etc, etc
up to now i am thinking of the 75hp Honda option (open to any suggestion's)
with additional ss keel band and bridge, lighting ,vhf Aerial options
are there any other accessories to consider adding before placing order
any advice on this outfit welcome ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Billybob, I took delivery of my Pro Angler three weeks ago, I took It out last weekend in North Wales. We went on the free RYA course Honda fund when you buy the engine. The engine is the 75 hp and the new EFI blast version and its wonderful. I had the blue splice and most of the other options including bucket seats on pedestals and additional removable back pods all upholstered in a dark blue with a white centre stripe (cool)
There is a website I found on this site which I found invalubale, sorry I cannot remember the address but I'm sure someone will tell you. Very stable and I felt very safe in a force 5/6 I am giong to use the boat for family fun, wake boarding etc. so its a good all round craft and of course fishing!!! Good choice

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hi,
That was me. I had a hull damaged due to a completely out-of-spec trailer. Warrior replaced it under warranty. I went back to the 165 for a number of reasons, none of which particularly reflect on the package you are buying. I had trim tabs and it turned out they were the wrong ones, 80lb pressure. Handling in a following sea was as a result 'interesting'. This didn't come to light until after I'd decided to change back to the 165 but I might well have done it anyway. My car struggles to cope with the steep slip I generally use and the extra 100kg of the Pro Angler made life harder. I also spent a long time fretting about the reduced deck space of the Pro Angler. After a 165 I felt a little cramped and the new 165 seems vast by comparison. If you usually fish two aboard and have not had a 165 before then I doubt you'd give it a second thought.
On the other hand, that overhead locker and telescopic strut for the half canopy is brilliant, the storage is superb and the whole boat looks and feels much more upmarket. The glass windows are a really nice touch too. Horses for courses but as a pure knockaround fishing tool, the 165 still has it for me. I can beat it up and get it filthy without feeling so guilty.
Extra's are difficult with the Pro Angler as it pretty well comes with all of them. Definitely a keel band, there's no hardwood keel so I'd be wary about a DIY fitment. Personally I prefer the bucket seats to the hinging jobs but they are shed-loads more money. You can specify 7 rod holders at rear if you are very serious about fishing, plus the (expensive) bait rail is a very, very useful bit of kit. That's something that you could do yourself if you have the skills. Also worth supplying Warrior with your GPS aerial, that way they can route it down inside the bridge legs for you during the build. Don't get a green stripe 'cos that's MY colour :uhuh:
My engine is the 75hp e-tec and I'm not getting drawn into that debate. The given word on the weight balance of the Pro Angler is that it is sufficiently bow-biased to ride level with the bigger 4 stroke engines fitted whereas the 165 tends to ride bow-high and porpoise. Hence the Pro Angler probably doesn't need trim tabs even with a 4 stroke fitted. Even with my monster tabs on the back, I was seeing 28knots+ from 75hp, so you are not short of power.
Hope you enjoy her! PM me if you want more detail, I doubt anyone else is still awake.

Steve

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Seamouse,
I saw your old Seamouse at Warrior when I picked up my boat with the green stripe, I think your comments are spot on, although I will have to disagree the green, Dark Blue for me,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts