World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Warrior or Reiver

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  ebgb 
#1 ·
Well down to the two choice's of boat reiver been the sportsman with a honda 50hp 4 stroke or a warrior 165 or if budget allows the pro angler with a 70hp suzuki 4 stroke both boats bought new. any comments.

#4 ·
Watched a very nice Reiver heading out as we launched at Dunbar today. Lovely hull shape. The windows in the cuddy are very small though? Spoils overall look of the boat for me. Also watched a Warrior Pro bouncing along in a big swell throwing up a lot of spray in the process coming back in. Looked great sitting on the trailer afterwards though.:)

#5 ·
Why just 50hp with the Reiver? - wouldn't the 70 suit it better?

Re the comments re the small windows - something that would concern me too, but aren't they prepared to change just about anything in the build? - I'd ask for larger windows and proper lockers in the cuddy along with locker type seat boxes.

G
#6 ·
I've been going down the same road, and have decided on the Reiver, but with a 70hp Tohatsu TLDI or 75 Evinrude ETEC - probably the TLDI. The lighter weight of the injected 2-strokes, with similar economy to a 4-stroke, was the deciding factor. In my opinion, it would not be best powered by a 50hp, the broad beam requires more to ensure the engine is less stressed.

The Warrior is more expensive, but has more finish details, which are fine if you want anything more than one of the most spacious fast fishing platforms. I didn't see the need. I was sorely tempted by the Explorer Elite, but have decided on maximum deck space. My last boat in the Med was 24ft lwl, impracticable to trail, but I need plenty of space in a boat!

#7 ·
I'd go for the reiver , there are quite a few around me in the marina and I'm always impressed with the way they handle at sea , lots of room on them and cheap compared to warrior. Spend the difference on a good motor and a few luxuries on the reiver and you'll not regret it.

Ray

#8 ·
Go for a warrior not a reiver since I have got my reiver I have seen quite a few reivers around and its just not on.

Just the same as most people will tell you the room inside the reiver is huge and for the price its excellent I stand up when I am moving so the windows are not an issue (so far ) I also have a 75hp optimax on the back its heavy but the price I paid for it keeps me happy as for storage I suppose it all depends what you leave on the boat the more lockers you have the more gear you store

#10 ·
I am leaning more to the warrior due to the features it has ie extending cuddy, bait tanks (fish box) yes space is an issue but 90% of the time there are two of us,when you see what the warrior comes with to the riever could it have the same spec for the same money plus also i would like to stay with suzuki outboards as i am a fan regardless what people think about servicing etc. Don't know honda engines seen very few about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.