World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Some of you on here know me from the South East section but I am coming down to Somerset on the 26th October for week with the family and I am looking at get a bit of fishing in whilst I am there.

I have fished the Bristol Channel a fair bit in the past, mostly from the pier at watchet and the railings a blue anchor.
Before I come down I have some questions for you all if you can help.

1) How is the channel fishing at the moment between Minehead and Watchet? (I know im still 1 month away and it will likely change)

2)What time of year do the cod make an appearance along them stretches? (Im hoping to pick up a few end of Oct)

3) Are there any other marks I could sensibly and safely fish as I will have my missus with me and don't fancy walking for miles or fishing any dodgy marks

4) Can I dig any Lug or Rag along Watchet / Blue Anchor, I vaguely remember seeing a few lug casts at Watchet when I was down there a few years back.

5) Any decent charter boats from Watchet or Minehead (I usually go out with Shaun aboard Seafire 2 - Watchet) but thinking maybe of trying a couple others also.

Thanks very much in advance.

Andy

·
Registered
210 Posts
Cod are startinf to show now. Lots of places you can fish sensibly with the wife, Dunster, Blue Anchor to name 2.
Reel Deal ( Dan Hawkins) a cracking skipper from Watchet, hes very busy so best to book in advance.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi codstalker you can dig lug on minehead main beach the boats are starting to pick up one or two but a bit early for the shore on saying that why not try watchet pier and be the first one to report a double figure cod best baits are (probably ) lug and squid rag and squid peeler crab but if its rough don't be afraid to cast a big chunk of mackerel out it could find you a surprise fish ie big cod or bass best of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts