World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a "water wolf " camera new from "procastangling " after using twice, the camera wouldnt charge up and was completly dead . I also found that the wire clip, that you attach the line to , was a very poor fit it was far to tight, and started to break up. I also noted that on trying to extract the micro sd card was very difficult no push and it locks in then a small push and it springs out/ ejects, as happens on most sd cards in cameras.
I wrote to procast and they asked me to send it back for them to examine.
That cost me £7.25.
They then contacted savage angling in Denmark , who was there supplier.
Savage said theyd swap it.
Before procast would send it they demanded i paid return postage another £7.25 so im £15 down for something that wasnt my fault.
I have written to customer services water wolf 4weeks ago now. With copies of the letters id sent to procast angling. Today ive not had any communication from water wolf.
They obviously have some design faults on this camera. And i think the wsf members should beware when buying this camera. If you have any problems with this camera The customer service dept arnt going to help you. In fact they say on there web site you should contact the reseller. And if you have no joy there ?????
be interested to hear from water wolf on this forum!!!
Phil compton

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Good to point out such dealings, hopefully they improve their service. I agree getting hit with postage several times is a bit much but I think I would just be pleased they offered a replacement, I went through a similar thing with Garmin which took over a year to sort out.

JonD

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
If the camera was in warrenty you did not need to deal with anyone but the retailer procastangling.

If they have to keep returning cameras not fit for purpose they will stop selling them.

·
13,176 Posts
The prime legal responsibility lies with the retailer, regardless of whether it was "within warranty". Although manufacturers' warranties are now considered part of the description of the item, when the sale was agreed.

I would consider talking to Trading Standards (sorry I can't remember if the relevant office is the one local to you, or local to the retailer).

·
Registered
540 Posts
I purchased a "water wolf " camera new from "procastangling " after using twice, the camera wouldnt charge up and was completly dead . I also found that the wire clip, that you attach the line to , was a very poor fit it was far to tight, and started to break up. I also noted that on trying to extract the micro sd card was very difficult no push and it locks in then a small push and it springs out/ ejects, as happens on most sd cards in cameras.
I wrote to procast and they asked me to send it back for them to examine.
That cost me £7.25.
They then contacted savage angling in Denmark , who was there supplier.
Savage said theyd swap it.
Before procast would send it they demanded i paid return postage another £7.25 so im £15 down for something that wasnt my fault.
I have written to customer services water wolf 4weeks ago now. With copies of the letters id sent to procast angling. Today ive not had any communication from water wolf.
They obviously have some design faults on this camera. And i think the wsf members should beware when buying this camera. If you have any problems with this camera The customer service dept arnt going to help you. In fact they say on there web site you should contact the reseller. And if you have no joy there ?????
be interested to hear from water wolf on this forum!!!
Phil compton
Now that's poor custom.
Very frustrating.
I've just had to send a reel back to Gerrys fishing,for repairs,which I bought in may had to pay postage , but with in a week they sent me a brand new one.
Superb service.

·
Registered
20,202 Posts
Now that's poor custom.
Very frustrating.
I've just had to send a reel back to Gerrys fishing,for repairs,which I bought in may had to pay postage , but with in a week they sent me a brand new one.
Superb service.
:) Return postage for faulty goods is down to the retailer. They either send you a return label, postage paid, or you pay the postage then they refund it. It's not down to you to pay postage, as said above, contact trading standards. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys most kind for you advice.
The company " water wolf " are based in Norway i believe so the standards are not applicable. And have you tried trading standards office recently ? Theyre so swamped with all kinds of shabby practices that theyve become a bit of a "toothless tiger" in recent years.
Im not saying every water wolf camera is a dud but ive had a bad experience , also come across certain design faults and the company cant be bothered communicating with me. Its not just about the £15 pp , but its trying to make it a better product for anglers to use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Btw , dont know if i mentioned it but procastangling sent me a brand new water wolf canera after they talked to savage angling in denmark who had a conversation with , i presume water wolf cameras in norway.
Procastangling wouldnt send me the replacenent camera until id paid the £7.25 into there bank account. And id already paid £7.25 to send them the faulty camera back.
Also water wolf will not speak to anyone but there approved dealers. Which i find rather strange, im a videographer/ cameraman as my profession , i have several high end sony cameras and i can always have a conversation with a sony engineer or simeone from prro customer
services. !!!!

·
Registered
20,202 Posts
Thanks guys most kind for you advice.
The company " water wolf " are based in Norway i believe so the standards are not applicable. And have you tried trading standards office recently ? Theyre so swamped with all kinds of shabby practices that theyve become a bit of a "toothless tiger" in recent years.
Im not saying every water wolf camera is a dud but ive had a bad experience , also come across certain design faults and the company cant be bothered communicating with me. Its not just about the £15 pp , but its trying to make it a better product for anglers to use.
;) It doesn't matter where they are based, if you bought it here or in the EU rules apply but if you bought it mail order from Norway then they're not in the EU so not a lot of help. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well few more weeks on and several more letters to water wolf via there website contact customer service and so far not even a letter of ackowledgment.
The customer service doesnt exist i think. I would recomend to our members not to buy one of these cameras until all the design faults have been ironed out and they improve there customer service or you could be left with a £109 turkey for xmas.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Thanks for letting me know mate, I was just about to buy a water wolf for the juvenile fish surveys we are doing in Sussex. Guess it may have to be GO PRO now.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I was bought one by the boss lady last february and must say i have been reasonably happy with it. camera has been faultless, excellent picture quality and no degradation in battery so far. the only issue i have had is the "mount" wire. i have been though a number of replacements now as the plastic keeps breaking. I bought the first 2 replacements myself but then went to my local dealer and showed him at which point he simply ordered me replacements FOC.
when buying a mass produced product i think you will always have the odd unit that is faulty, so for me its important to buy items like this from a supplier i have a good relationship with, then if there is an issue you can get it replaced asap.
If your after a camera to film lure fishing then i feel the water wolf is currently the best out there, but i do understand there is one just launching in the US that sends live pics to your device via bluetooth or similar.
Maybe go to another water wolf supplier explain your issue and ask if they can help, I'm sure they will if they see you as a potential new client.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts