World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Waterproof Backpacks.

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Fish Fumbler 
#1 · (Edited)
Howbe all. i'm in the need of some kind of backpack (waterproof) & i've been looking at the overboard range.
www.over-board.co.uk/catalog/bwater...mium-waterproof-backpackbr-25-litres.p79.html
I want it for when i'm wading, so i can carry everything i need without having to go back for anything, i.e crossing small streams, estuaries,etc. Does anyone have any info/experiences with these bags that i should be aware of (good & bad points).
Thanks for any replies. :thumbs:

#3 ·
The last few times i've been out i have used a bucket with a sealed lid it will take everything you need for a full day out is easy to carry and it floats even when full have a look at the carp bait buckets
hope this helps dai

#7 ·
#8 ·
I have one, it does what it says it does, a straight forward roll top bag, well made and protects from the elements etc. I take it if I need to carry a bit more kit than normal and when I'm going to be more static, It has another zip up pocket inside where I will stash my wallet etc.

If I'm lure fishing only I dont take it as I can't help filling it therefore making it a bit heavy when you are on the move, so I normally use my Rapala sling bag. The sling bag is much better for access to lures, with the overboard bag you dont have easy access to it when its on your back. On the odd occasion I do take it lure fishing I use some of the single lure containers from BASS so that I can have a few lures easily accessable in my pockets.

It will get more use this summer when I take my son out fishing so I can take my camera, some food & drink and maybe some bait with us, and for this it is ideal. It all depends how much gear you want to take, and wether you fish places where its safe to take it off and leave it for a while.

#9 ·
Cheers for the replies fellas, plenty to choose from. The overboard series are the ones i'm interested in though & i was looking for any feedback on the longevity of them, ruggedness, etc. Looking at the other options has given me food for thought now though. :laugh: :doh:
Thanks again lads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.