World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Waveinn.com

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  blakdog 
#1 ·
Any one ever ordered tackle from Waveinn.com ? Are they a reliable online retailer ?
thanks in advance

#5 ·
Ok thanks guys 👍

#7 · (Edited)
I have used them a few times overa few years. They used to be more competitive, not so much now since more traders on eBay. Stuff seems to come from Spain! However watch out for those companies [not waveinn] that offer prices that sound too good to be true. Online scams are increasing. Keep asking, see if you can find how old the company is. Of course not so easy with new online shops popping up due to Covid. One piece of advice that has worked for me is, check out the contact numbers and support pages first. A quick Google of an email address can be quite revealing.

#8 ·
Bought from waveinn a few times had one issue, as said delivery takes about 1.5 to 2 weeks. Just one thing to be carefull about, some of the rod listings I have seen are incorrect, as in when choosing a rod model from the drop down menu, the description does not correspond with the model code. Thats what happened to me, didnt matter too much as I had a use for that model, just wasnt the one I was expecting. Best to ask them if not sure.

#10 · (Edited)
Bought several items from them, never had any issues.
However, in the post Brexit reality I will be now cautious ordering my stuff from the EU. It looks like from now on items bought in the EU will be subject to import charges.
You can find more information in the link bellow.

#11 ·
Bought several items from them, never had any issues.
However, in the post Brexit reality I will be now cautious ordering my stuff from the EU. It looks like from now on items bought in the EU will be subject to import charges.
You can find more information in the link bellow.

If the products are made in Spain you won't be charged any duty ... just be aware that the EU/UK duty exemption only applies to goods manufactured in the exporting country. You will now pay VAT (to the seller, who has to be registered for VAT in the UK) at the UK rate of 20% ... the VAT rate in Spain is 21% so actually that is a gain on your part. Ask the retailer if they are registered with HMRC over here for VAT before you purchase ... they should not be accepting UK orders if they aren't UK VAT and UK Data Protection registered and at some point the authorities might start telling border facilities to send stuff back.

It wasn't much of a deal for retailers (either side of the channel) quite frankly ... the only hope for people like me (who have just instantly switched off EU sales) is that the retailers in the EU are as equally pee d off and moaning at the EU so it may lead to change in the deal at some point as both sides want the same thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.