172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one seen the FRONT page of the DAILY POST and a full report on Page 5 WOW

Dave..............................running for cover from the moderators

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have trolled the Dialy Post site but is seems it is not on there yet Baisically it said that us anglers on here were fuming with the UNi for developing a program which trolled the internet and stole all the info off this site.It also stated there was a student involved in setting it up...it REALLY made the UNI look bad in my eyes

Dave

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to get the paper this am and first thing I saw was the front page and how I gigled to myself so looke don here and was surprised NO ONE had posted this so ....well the rest is history

Dave

·
13,170 Posts
Weird that the front page doesn't appear on their website. Do they run a number of different editions?

·
13,170 Posts
North wales and north west...

gulp should I say my goodbyes?
Nope. You still have to give me a crash course in how to catch fish on Anglesey! Besides "I'm leaving" threads aren't allowed:fishing:

·
13,170 Posts
Oh dear, they've gone and called them "Sea Bass"!! Just goes to show how clued up they are really
Newspapers, menus and the general public generally do. It's only us who don't.

Although I understand to a Welsh speaker, they are Sea Hedgehogs.

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Hedgehogs of the sea.welsh to english can cause problem.
sh#t myself have you...is one that often makes me giggle

G

·
Newspapers, menus and the general public generally do. It's only us who don't. Although I understand to a Welsh speaker, they are Sea Hedgehogs.
Not heard of Sea Hedgehogs to be honest Gulp but one things for sure, Sea Bass just sounds so American!

Kick his ass, sea bass lol

G

·
The bass we netted in Pen back in the 1950's were known as rock salmon, And that's what the chippies used to sell them as. I know rock salmon is a term often used to make other species more salable. I think spurdogs used to be called rock salmon in the North East of England. You have to smile when you think that bass was sold in local chippies as a cheaper alternative to cod and plaice.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Excellent well done its good the wider public get to hear of these types of going on. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts