World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather looking good for tomorrow to get out on boat around Falmouth.
Will let you know tomorrow what I find!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nowt, nich, zero.
We were fishing shads, baited feathers, and simple rig with squid and mackerel around the Old Wall, few wrecks in the Bay and down by Turnaware.
Not even a nibble.
Was still good to get out though and enjoy this brief spell of good weather.
Hope others had more luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So I fished around Turnaware bar on the 18th, we anchored right in the flow as the wind was against the tide and causing us to swing around anywhere else! I cant say we didn't catch anything as we caught about 30-40 bull Huss and dogs!

image.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I fished around Turnaware bar on the 18th, we anchored right in the flow as the wind was against the tide and causing us to swing around anywhere else! I cant say we didn't catch anything as we caught about 30-40 bull Huss and dogs!

View attachment 196167
Glad you caught something. That's quite some catch. Sure it wasn't just the same stupid dog not learning and keeping on coming back for food? :bleh:
Do you eat them (does anyone) or let them go? Obviously not all 40 as your freezer would be very full! Apart from bloody pouting and coalfish, we will try most of our catch. Haven't tried eating dogs yet (well different story in Vietnam!) - seems a lot more work to skin them than its worth?!?

And think I may have passed you as we went past down for a potter around King Harry way (out the wind!).

·
Registered
74 Posts
No, we put them all back. We just fancied catching a few fish probably caught the same one once or twice lol always find it amazing the difference in colour you'll get a near white one followed by a completely black one!
We were fishing in my Orkney I remember a boat anchoring up towards the king harry on the bend there, we tried there to start with but the wind was getting on my nerves and when you didn't stay long there I figured it was ****ing you off to!
Was interesting to hear you say you didn't find any fish around the old wall or the inner wrecks, I was really close to trying the same that day but went after Huss instead. Seems to be very little around at the moment other than dogs and small whitting, unless anyone knows better?

·
Registered
25,005 Posts
No, we put them all back. We just fancied catching a few fish probably caught the same one once or twice lol always find it amazing the difference in colour you'll get a near white one followed by a completely black one!
We were fishing in my Orkney I remember a boat anchoring up towards the king harry on the bend there, we tried there to start with but the wind was getting on my nerves and when you didn't stay long there I figured it was ****ing you off to!
Was interesting to hear you say you didn't find any fish around the old wall or the inner wrecks, I was really close to trying the same that day but went after Huss instead. Seems to be very little around at the moment other than dogs and small whitting, unless anyone knows better?
The netters have been catching huge amounts of pollack so they are there,my opinion is the waters too dirty for lures at the moment,if i was going out i would be using a big fish/squid bait with loads of scent in it,though dogs and huss will no doubt home in on it before other species,maybe the fresh water coming down the rivers may have a bad effect on the fishing????

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got out again on the boat on the 4th.
Absolutely nothing. Tried few wrecks in the bay, then tried outside Helford river, St anthonys and pendennis head. Nothing but a few nibbles.

I know March isn't the greatest of months, but where are all the fishies??

·
Registered
349 Posts
Always a good spot for Huss there. Looks like between pill point and turnaware. Deep there tight in on that left hand side. Know what you mean about the colour variance. I like the real dark almost black ones. A Fal speciality! Another good spot is further up next to those mussel farms. Good for gilts there too which won't be long arriving in numbers

·
Registered
32 Posts
went out friday 7th march, same thing nothing all day, big lumps of squid, joey macks lures feathers kitchen sink and still nothing , manacles empty and went 10 miles off following wrecks, where have all the fish gone ? , first time ive ever been out and blanked !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts