World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thunderstorms here (just north of Dartmoor) - so I'm taking the afternoon off as our electricity keeps cutting out. Can anyone on the north coast say what the weather's like at the moment - sort of Bude / Hartland area? Don't want to be sticking a rod up in the air if there's lightning, but if it's clear up that way I'll be up in a flash (arf).

Cheers

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure it's not your belly? :)

Thanks. Doesn't look like it's going to clear up here, so I think I'll head up

Cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
Its dark over the moors but not too bad at boscatle definately no thunder storms.Gonna try cracky tonight if u around that way

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Bude sea state is small swell yet v.rough with short SW chop. Dark ominous looking clouds with occasional rain outbreaks. Muggy an warm with rumbles of thunder in the background.

Dean has been out on Team Shed on his own since the early hours of last night :cc_surren

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. Would like a trip over to Cracky at some point soon. I've had a drive over then and a look around - looks like some nice spots.

I thought about going up to Clovelly but decided it would be too busy. Ended up going up to Bucks Mills but regretted it when I got there - something just didn't feel right. Can't explain what or why! I was the only one there for most of the time, so I got to be a bit more adventurous with my casting without making a complete fool of myself / killing anyone.

I only had sandeels for bait and fished them 1-up 1-down, but apart from a couple of possible knocks there was nothing doing. Had a good take spinning but couldn't keep it on.

Still, nice and quiet down there, and was pleased to see Pollock at the chippy (Halwill) on my way back.

Dean has been out on Team Shed on his own since the early hours of last night :cc_surren
Hoping to get some free electricity is he?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts