World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken the dog out so she could have a pee, it was like the old days with my peter powell stunt kite got her to do a loop a loop.....

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I just cannot understand this weather I cannot remember wind constantly this bad 100 mph gales on a weekly bases what's going on

·
Banned
15,860 Posts
Pretty bad down in kidderminster today strong winds and torrential rain the river Severn at Bewdley (4 miles away) is at a record high trees down everywhere

My 10 year old is at an outward bounds centre at Llanrug (near Caernarfon) all week :oops: how's the wind now ? We've had a text off the school to say everyone is ok

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
108 mph recorded at Aberdaron on the Lleyn so pretty bad.
The light have been flashing here and no I am not out dogging lol, no power cut yet.
Usually when we have a power cut in these parts there is nothing to do and the pregnancy rate doubles over night and that's just the sheep.
Anyway blowing like mad here and looks like the rain and wind is going to be with us even into the weekend also.
I am sure Dave Baggies will have something to add to my post but if he didn't then it would be a turn up for the books lol, keep safe everyone.
Oh and don't forget to check out the "Something Strange While Fishing" post on the General Sea Angling Discussions Forum and maybe add a story of your own.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Pretty bad down in kidderminster today strong winds and torrential rain the river Severn at Bewdley (4 miles away) is at a record high trees down everywhere

My 10 year old is at an outward bounds centre at Llanrug (near Caernarfon) all week :oops: how's the wind now ? We've had a text off the school to say everyone is ok
Llanrug you say, it will be very windy around that area and that place is well haunted.
Only joking about the haunted bit and I am sure he is safe hands Dave so don't worry mate.
I say don't worry, I bet your in your element walking around the house in that Roman Gladiator suit I borrowed you lol.
Like I said last time can you dry clean the stains out of it this time please.
You know what the 2 Rams said when they seen me approaching in my willies and wearing nothing else but a smile.
Quick lets get the "FLOCK" out of here lol,

·
Banned
15,860 Posts
Llanrug you say, it will be very windy around that area and that place is well haunted.
Only joking about the haunted bit and I am sure he is safe hands Dave so don't worry mate.
I say don't worry, I bet your in your element walking around the house in that Roman Gladiator suit I borrowed you lol.
Like I said last time can you dry clean the stains out of it this time please.
You know what the 2 Rams said when they seen me approaching in my willies and wearing nothing else but a smile.
Quick lets get the "FLOCK" out of here lol,
He is a she

Still got 1 at home so no dressing up and I think you meant wellies not willies :oops: or were you thinking sheep again :g:

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't have a problem here in egginton, light warm winds and no rain!
Just chucked the cat out for the night, its still floating around the back yard will never get to sleep with the racket its making....if this keeps up will have to .410 it..

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You are lucky I have relatives in Somerset and they lost everything house flooded and badly damaged Insurance company giving it the act of god treatment and they will never get insured again so think on some people lives are shattered

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just woke up to find a tree 'resting' on my car. Luckily it's worth more in firewood than my car cost to buy!

God 0 - 1 Dave :victory:

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are lucky I have relatives in Somerset and they lost everything house flooded and badly damaged Insurance company giving it the act of god treatment and they will never get insured again so think on some people lives are shattered
Sorry to hear that thought with a goverment minster saying we should of dredged Act of god clause no use....then again they could always sue CofE.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
A bit of a mess hereabouts. The wind yesterday between 2pm and 7pm was as bad as I have seen. Many road closures and structural damage in places. Aberdaron weather station (on top of Cardiac Hill) has some impressive data - not a day for LRF!
12th-feb-2014-aberdaron.jpg

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Amazing weather and we VERY LUCKY to have no discernible problem, yet! Now worrying about what still might happen. My lad is actually in the van in Beddgelert. No power and no mobile reception (mast down???) Still after losing awning earlier in the year no other probs. 108mph at Aberdaron is really incredible! Presumably your leads would simply be blown back over your head????
Mind you we used to say that if you voted correctly (leftist!) it only rained/blew at night!

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you again Mr Mason for the info...nice to see some official figures...wonder what use wind turbines are in these sort of conditions..guess they keep someone employed ..repairing them.
Went out to fill the coal bucket earlier the whole coal box and about 400kg of coal has moved about 4m further away from the door..will find out if the cats under it when I've used up the coal..

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Always look on the bright side of life, kev.Another plus some wind turbines at Cemaes bay burst into flames last night,Wonder what pollution will happen when they burn out at sea nasty chemicals around cables etc....

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Thank you again Mr Mason for the info...nice to see some official figures...wonder what use wind turbines are in these sort of conditions..guess they keep someone employed ..repairing them.
Went out to fill the coal bucket earlier the whole coal box and about 400kg of coal has moved about 4m further away from the door..will find out if the cats under it when I've used up the coal..
Just seen it on the News that one of the wind turbines at Cemaes Bay was going so fast it burst into flames.
All the locals with no power gathered round it to keep warm lol. (sorry I couldn't help myself but the first bit is true)

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Always look on the bright side of life, kev.Another plus some wind turbines at Cemaes bay burst into flames last night,Wonder what pollution will happen when they burn out at sea nasty chemicals around cables etc....
You beat me to it by 2 mins Wyn, you must have fast fingers lol.

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You beat me to it by 2 mins Wyn, you must have fast fingers lol.
Quicker than my brain thats for sure, be it typing or showing the V's to policemen fingers always beat my greyish matter....
Tony they did not gather around it , they went down to the beach to see if any ships were drawn into rocks...old habits die hard around here..

Tony do you work on the poultry farms on the island?..

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
The ironic thing is that the climate going tits-up is what is shafting power-infrastructure! I often say this but it is worth repeating here:

The worse things get, the louder the denial.

The louder the denial, the worse things get.

No jabbing at windfarms will get you clear of this chaos: the answer is deeper.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts