World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope they have the forecast right for fri+sat..winds look light on xc...just got a navigation app on my samsung galaxy 3..(who needs a fish finder.lol)..all i need is a numbers for good fishing loactions..iv already got many which come with the app but most are for western solent area,im after eastern end..:thumbs::thumbs:

G

·
In weather forcasting terms Saturday is a lifetime away at T + 72 ! ............ if its still like it at T+24 then it is in a reliable timeframe.

However it does indeed look like a ridge of High pressure will move closer to the UK over the weekend ..........

·
Registered
12,396 Posts
Don't get too excited just yet, it will probably change tomorrow and again on Thurs.

If it's still good Fri then there is a chance of getting out, although for a second weekend the tides are quite big

Steveh24

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
hope they have the forecast right for fri+sat..winds look light on xc...just got a navigation app on my samsung galaxy 3..(who needs a fish finder.lol)..all i need is a numbers for good fishing loactions..iv already got many which come with the app but most are for western solent area,im after eastern end..:thumbs::thumbs:
Head for the Nab Tower and look for the crowds, probably a mile or so east of it. Big tides so you wont be able to go much south of it. Also check out Bullocks Patch and the Medmery Bank area.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thats put the bloody mockers on the weekend.:laugh:

·
Registered
9,541 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
As above, you only live once mate ignore them, get all excited!!! I will too:thumbs::clap2::yeah::bleh:

But don't be tempted to push your luck....(had to put that in just so your family doesnt put a claim on me for aiding and abetting)

·
Registered
12,396 Posts
Yes you will definately see the crowds around the Nab Tower and you won't get much further south due to the tides.

Bullocks is a bit shallow, but it's already yeilded one 18lb Cod a couple of weeks ago

The drop off about 3 miles off Chichester Harbour is worth trying.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Yes you will definately see the crowds around the Nab Tower and you won't get much further south due to the tides.

Bullocks is a bit shallow, but it's already yeilded one 18lb Cod a couple of weeks ago

The drop off about 3 miles off Chichester Harbour is worth trying.
Steve is right and a move a couple of hundred yards east will put you in deeper rougher ground as indicated on your charts. But the Littlehampton boats are getting among the cod on Kingmere Rocks at the moment which is similar terrain to Bullocks so dont dismiss it.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
the gps for bullocks patch on the solent fishing marks is wrong..put it in my gps finder on fone and says its 77nm away...wtf
Did you mix up East and West? That would account for 77 miles, pretty much exactly.

·
Registered
12,396 Posts
Not sure what site you are looking at, but Nev's mark on his Website for Bullocks Patch is N50 42.066 W000 54.919 and my mark for Bullocks is N50°42.0139 W000°54.7236, so I would say Nev's Nos. are pretty good, your phone is only a toy and is not suitable for marine use, so I would suggest you just use it as a phone, probably to call the Coastguard when you run in to trouble.

Seriously, if you are going fishing you need to get a chart as it's the only way you will find any marks or verify ones given to you,
you will also see the depth and any obstructions or dangers and most importantly it could save your life.

Steveh24

1 - 16 of 16 Posts