World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Shorehorrorham Types,
I pray that I get a window on Sunday to have my 2nd session of the year at Shoreham.
If any-one has been fishing there recently I would appreciate a weed update, the forecast for Sunday is for northalies so I am hopefull weed won't be an issue.

Thanks in advance

Tony

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi, I've not fished the West arm but I have fished the beaches along there, on all the occasions that I fished(6x in the last month or 2) I was getting lots of the really fine weed that clings to your line/leader knot etc.
This was only really a problem from LW until the tide got moving, then it seem to get less and less... Very little big stuff about, I think it's all been blown ashore already, at least I hope so... Hope this helps...!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I've not fished the West arm but I have fished the beaches along there, on all the occasions that I fished(6x in the last month or 2) I was getting lots of the really fine weed that clings to your line/leader knot etc.
This was only really a problem from LW until the tide got moving, then it seem to get less and less... Very little big stuff about, I think it's all been blown ashore already, at least I hope so... Hope this helps...!
Cheers Keith, I'm planning on a early visit to the Burrels, LW up to about 11 then I have to be available for work, bummer :schmoll:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Fished the arm last Saturday and MOnday the odd big bit of weed but not too bad

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Tony,
No problem at all, winds off the land Sunday, or at least until the evening so should be reasonably settled... I'm hoping to fish myself so fingers crossed eh...Keith

·
Registered
168 Posts
I fished the arm last saturday, no weed, was a very nice day, didnt see a lotof weed on the beach, im thinking its pretty clear of weed, could be good on sunday, the arm or the beach, come to think of it last sunday some waves were breaking over the arm, but no weed was being thrown onto the deck, so im thinking this weekend, Saturday and Sunday look very good, was thinking of going myself to the arm, lots of horrid whiting about, a few small Bass, some small dabs about, and the huge COD obviously, but yeah was OK , not exceptional (apart from the cod) but OK all the same, a nice day a few fish, so chance of a few dabs and whiting at the weekend, maybe a small bass, and if you are lucky maybe a surprise fish

Incidentally was pretty much the same on the Pier, but more tourists and Sunday walkers about, a few whiting and flounders , the arm is much quieter though, and nicer, good grief im writing a book LOL

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Hi Shorehorrorham Types,
I pray that I get a window on Sunday to have my 2nd session of the year at Shoreham.
If any-one has been fishing there recently I would appreciate a weed update, the forecast for Sunday is for northalies so I am hopefull weed won't be an issue.

Thanks in advance

Tony
Not a lot of weed about from half way down the Arm to the end but as the tide floods there is a lot swishing backwards and forwards in the surf today.. even though you cannot visibly see it... enough to snap me off at 30 yards from the beach... however, with the bigger tides building and the predicted offshore wind for the weekend that could change and you maybe okay off the beach by Sunday.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I fished the arm last saturday, no weed, was a very nice day, didnt see a lotof weed on the beach, im thinking its pretty clear of weed, could be good on sunday, the arm or the beach, come to think of it last sunday some waves were breaking over the arm, but no weed was being thrown onto the deck, so im thinking this weekend, Saturday and Sunday look very good, was thinking of going myself to the arm, lots of horrid whiting about, a few small Bass, some small dabs about, and the huge COD obviously, but yeah was OK , not exceptional (apart from the cod) but OK all the same, a nice day a few fish, so chance of a few dabs and whiting at the weekend, maybe a small bass, and if you are lucky maybe a surprise fish

Incidentally was pretty much the same on the Pier, but more tourists and Sunday walkers about, a few whiting and flounders , the arm is much quieter though, and nicer, good grief im writing a book LOL
Me and 3others are fishing Southwick arm overnight On saturday. we are hoping waves don't breach over the arm. winds should be ok Saturday night's looks like Its coming Off the land. Should be a good night

Sammy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Fished the arm last night , not to much weed about certainly fishable, fished shoreham beach nr the church of the good shepherd on Sunday weed was fine until the tide started to run out got a lot of weed on the line hope this helps

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Sammy. Southwick arm and shireham arm. Same thing? Zak zak what was the good sheprds return? Anything decent?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sammy. Southwick arm and shireham arm. Same thing? Zak zak what was the good sheprds return? Anything decent?
Sorry for late reply couple of whiting , then lost a big one as my shock leader snapped as I was coming through the surf ! Didn't catch sight of the fish though!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Zek2. Bit annoying to say the least. Thinking of regular chsnges of line and leader to stop that.... If i ever get anything big enough attached. Do you use tapered as a matter of interest?

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Lots of weed IN THE SURF again today.... For some reason it is not actually visible though... it is just rolling back and forth in the surf...

None on the edge or on the beach and none further out but impossible to wind through it as you come in...

It's mostly the horrible small stringy stuff and i've noticed the last couple of days that it is inter-twined with a hell of a lot of small strands of rope!!

I would think it is from all the nets etc that have been lost at sea during the last couple of months?

Unbelievable how much of it there actually is in the sea.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Zek2. Bit annoying to say the least. Thinking of regular chsnges of line and leader to stop that.... If i ever get anything big enough attached. Do you use tapered as a matter of interest?
Brand new diawa 15lb line and 15-70 lb tapered shocklleader had only cast it about a dozen times ! ,

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Brand new diawa 15lb line and 15-70 lb tapered shocklleader had only cast it about a dozen times ! ,
Thats a twilight zone moment. same as me. Not Viuvaras leader is it?

I think that is fine though. I got snagged today and it took a lot to break it. Still another fiver down the pan with the rig, leader, lead etc... hmm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts