World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So not been out for a good while, but decided to dig up some bait last night, then wanted to fish 4am hw at hayling. I arraived at ferry boat inn and could see there was weed all over the beach but decided ill cast out see how bad it was, but as i thought "bam" straight away 20lb of weed on my line. I quickly packed up my stuff and tried further east of the island to eastoke point, but again first cast reeled in and lost my rig "god damit"
Was just my luck

So my question is does anyone know what the weed is like round the hot walls old portsmouth atm? think ill give it a try for this eve hw or maybe eastney?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi,

Hot walls is ok for weed if you fish the tide out or a low one.

Cant comment on eastney as i havn't fished there for a while.

Fished the rowing club near clarence last night and hardly had any weed at all, got a little bit worse nearer to the high but still very fishable.
Had a small starry and bass, both to rag.

Good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Hot walls is ok for weed if you fish the tide out or a low one.

Cant comment on eastney as i havn't fished there for a while.

Fished the rowing club near clarence last night and hardly had any weed at all, got a little bit worse nearer to the high but still very fishable.
Had a small starry and bass, both to rag.

Good luck

cheers, one more question I get confused on when to southsea, is it a lw venue, or can it still be fished on hw?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ive had slight success at both recently, think with the strong winds this week it has kicked up alot of food close in.

Normally fish from the low up around southsea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts