World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been down at Abbotsbury this morning and the weed is still there!
About 30 yds out rafts of it, with the occasional pallet.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I was down there Friday night just down from the bridging camp. There was a continuos raft about 30yds out from ferrybridge twds abbotsbury and on as far as the eye could see. Every know and again there was a small break which allowed me to cast, it was a nightmare and i only lasted about an hour, still managed 4 black bream that were hitting the bait literally as it settled on the bottom, the bites were frantic, but just couldn't strike with the weed, i caught one around 15yds out!

·
Registered
285 Posts
do you think it will be at ferry bridge on sat night m8 thanks
i fished cove last saturday and was no weed at all (got the tinyest bit on swivel).... the wind dropped off today and was first time its been flat in ages.... id assume the weed will have gone by saturday... i might be going tomorow night up cove area again, so if i do i'll let people know on the situation... altough it will prob change by the time weekend comes

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've just come back from Abbotsbury, Thursday 6th.
The water appears to be clear of weed again.

The only thing to spoil any fishing down there now is the amount of rubbish left on the beach!

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
YIPEE,looks like i timed my 3 weeks of solid fishing apart from three days to perfection with the settled weather heading our way,, bring it on and now the weed has started to disperse,,cant wait,, see you sat chris,,,gonna get us a few more species ,,,,,

WHY????? do people leave their crap,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
902 Posts
YIPEE,looks like i timed my 3 weeks of solid fishing apart from three days to perfection with the settled weather heading our way,, bring it on and now the weed has started to disperse,,cant wait,, see you sat chris,,,gonna get us a few more species ,,,,,

WHY????? do people leave their crap,,,,,,,,,
Sure hope so bud, will be nice to sit out in the sunshine for a change!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It looks like the council tip in places.
Same old disposable bbqs and glass bottles, empty alcohol.
Not saying its all from us fishy folk, but most of us who care about and enjoy our sport look after the venues we fish.

Please take your rubbish home, or bin it in the car park.
Take an empty bag with you for your rubbish, please.

·
Registered
902 Posts
It looks like the council tip in places.
Same old disposable bbqs and glass bottles, empty alcohol.
Not saying its all from us fishy folk, but most of us who care about and enjoy our sport look after the venues we fish.

Please take your rubbish home, or bin it in the car park.
Take an empty bag with you for your rubbish, please.
Good shout mate. It's probably the same people who leave the place littered with dogfish that have been hacked to death, why???:preachon:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Its the same every year,, summer bashers out leave their crap and f off back home,,,,
THEY aint anglers there mindless morons,,,,,,

·
Registered
285 Posts
sorry guys didnt go tonight, a certain thunderstorm and flooding rain stopped me lol... i wont be goin 4 a week or so now, unless i go on my todd on saturday night

1 - 14 of 14 Posts