World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One did promise his hairy self that he would not mention ye s word when he posted this.
Mind thee that was just after breaking fast when I checked the tide times, weather and made ye executive decision to visit Roly and barter some hard earned groats for a couple o score of prime lug and a box of squid.
One was elated when he fed a machine a pretty bit of plastic, and it gave him pretty bits of paper in return.
It also gave me the bit of plastic back.
Even more joy was heaped upon his hairyness when he managed to exchange some of this paper for some metal cans containing ye fabled brew that be not for ye lager boy (or girl ) for a very good price indeed
Twas on ye short treck to Rolys emporium that things went bossom shaped.
Ones leg began to vibrate which was then closely followed with ye infernal scream of ones portable telling bone.
The voice that greeted me sent an instant chill down ones spine and then up again.
twas her of ye highest pointy hatted ones who must be obeyed.
DUM DUM DUM DARN DEEEEEEEEEE......Mother inlaw.
Can thee do me a boon she requested.
Of course oh superior wart encrusted one I did reply. One has at his disposal ye red broomstick and his hairyness will land at your hovel asap.
One did make it to ye beach...........eventualy.
After taking apart a wooden shed then rebuilding said shed in another location and then building a glass shed in the place of the first shed.
SORRY.
Still. armed with afore mentioned bait one decided to hunt ting at ye neptunes appendage slipway in ye bay of herne..
There was a good surf rolling in and thus the thought of Bass came to mind thus one rod was cast out 30 yards ish armed with whole squid stuffed with lug.
The second weapon soon followed armed with a two hook flapper loaded with tipped lug.
It was a tad windy one will admit. Ye lump of weed that hurled up the bass rod line brought this to my attention as it jammed itself securely in the top eye making retrieve impossible until it was removed with ye help of much cursing.
Whilst in the process of this task it rained big blobs.
Ye ting rod behaved. It caught ting. small but preventing a blank.
Eventually ye last cast was had wich resulted in the perfect slack liner.
One reeled in. Found resistance, set the hook and thought "cor copulate me. this aint no ting.
Nor was it a bass.

Twas not ye c word either.

Weed, a shock leader compleat with trace and weight and what looked like the remains of one of them old telling bone coily cables all in a nice big knot.
At least one took home the good bits from the trace. And the junk one will add

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I'm off on holiday later today with the wife, her sister, my brother-in-law and...the mother-in-law.

Wish me luck?

:cry:

PS Liked the post and well done on not blanking.

PPS And well done on taking the rubbish home.

·
Registered
26,865 Posts
Mother-in-law? I once had one of those (Although it seemed like more than one,) she only ever came out of her cave to cause trouble.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
great report as ever HP. My solution to the age-old monster-in-law problem was to find one that lives 100+ miles away and doesnt like long broomstick journeys. problem solved!! lol

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Of course oh superior wart encrusted one I did reply".

outstanding. If only Madame F was a witch.
Thee would have no other option other than to build a shed thus sanctuary could be had on hand.

Oh bugger. One mentioned ye s word....
Sorry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts