World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
The patented fingers and opposable thumb are pretty good for those of us that have evolved them!!!!:lmao: :lmao:

Seriously depends on kinda problems you have:

If it loosened surface stuff fouling your line give your rod a good shake and if yer lucky should come off.

If your hooking into weed put your thumb on spool (or hold line so reel is not taking strain and slowly walk backwards pointing rod at snag (ensuring first that line is reasonably tight) hopefully you should feel it give (line goes slack) you can then reel in your prized hooked seeweed!

If you have problems with weed on your line / leader check your leader knot is well tied and nice and compact - superglue it to make sure and trim tag ends tight down. You can also make sure trace items like clips etc are streamlined and compact (just root around your local tackle store for alternatives and keep rig as simple as possible)

Lastly avoid weed problems altogether where you can by examining shore at low tide or on a clear day from a high viewpoint and look for channels in the weed (light patches of sea). Fish these like mad as you will find lots of fish here (or cast in front of/behind seriously weedy patches)

Good luck and tight lines

Oh yeah! it helps when reeling in to change bait to give the rod a good tug popping up your lead then reel like F**k! As another option if you ar sick of throwing away good tackle into the sea constantly - try a sea float setup (if/where applicable).

· Registered
2,522 Posts
i use 25lb straight through on a slosh and use a swivel on the mainline and a genie on the rig.

then crank the weed and fish in, unclip the rig, pull the weed down and over the swivel, clip on the new rig. bobs you're uncle. when using 25lb straight through i always cast over head (not bringing the rod around me), so if things do go wrong nobody will get hurt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.