World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the wrecks last sunday. 3hrs steam to a huge wreck in 400ft of water. Lost more than I caught as very snaggy on main bulkhead. managed 4 pollack (best 8lb) and some stinky pouting. Was winding in my 2cnd fish when I thought it was being followed by a tope - oh no a bloody porbeagle! Skipper estimated it to be 150-200lb. Beautiful fish. left my freaked out pollack on surface whilst skip got the shark rod but she wasnt playing! made my day though - but did not get chance to get a pick of her cruising on the surface. Have not been able to fish the rock marks on North Llyn (ysgaden et al) this week due to bloody strong NE winds. Things looking up for the spring tides at weekend - just praying for a bar of silver! Tight lines!

P.s has anyone had any joy plugging Pwllheli marine entrance? have tried surface, divers, tobies, shad the lots - dawn and daytime but nada!:wallbash:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know if Porth Iago is easily accessible?

I'm told there is a flat ledge near the car park?

No chance of any climbing for me (bad back) plus i'm taking the mrs and she will prop freak if its steep!:nono:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Does anyone know if Porth Iago is easily accessible?

I'm told there is a flat ledge near the car park?

No chance of any climbing for me (bad back) plus i'm taking the mrs and she will prop freak if its steep!:nono:
it took us a while to find that place last year..but once you do find it ... you have to pay in a box to park in the farm.. once parked up you have to walk round to your right for the ledges..and you have tobe out for 9pm i think it says..we didnt actualy fish it ..we set up on the beach below the carpark..... no soon as we chucked in a heard of kids come hurtling down the slope with surf boards ..so ended up leaving..
am sure some one else who as fished it will give you details on how to fish it though.
goodluck
tojo

·
Registered
8,163 Posts
It must have been a buzz to see the Porbeagle :eek:hmy:, a mate of mine was fishing on a charter out of Amlwch a couple of weeks ago and saw a Thresher shark estimated at 3 - 4 metres long jump clean out of the water! It just goes to show you just don't know what's out there :g: .

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Porbeagle was defo as they used to say 'a top buzz!':yahoo: Never seen a proper sized shark before - huge black eyes like lumps of coal, big gills flared out - I really did think - think we're gonna need a bigga boat!:unsure:

Going on some wreck trips next year. Skip will hopefully let us stick a couple of balloons out on the drift and maybe - 'duuh duh... duuuuh duh... duuh duh.. duuuh duh.. duuh duh...duh duh (ok think the merlot's working!)'!!

2 days left to fish - lures -v- bait - cant wait!

Light lines guys

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Sounds like a great trip with a 8lb pollock and a P.Beagle to add interest.
Coastman

·
Registered
837 Posts
Porth Iago
The £2- is for National Trust.
Park up and walk right through two gates onto headland.
Many places to fish but all require you to cross rocky areas.
If you go right, cross the fence, and carry on far enough the access is flatter.
If you want to get down to sea level for spinning you will need to scramble on rocks.
:sun: :fish:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts