World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Yes I am going for a "dangle" tonight the last 21/2 hrs up & the first 2hrs back, outside County Hall, Swansea. With luck the Lottery & Who wants to be a millionaire should be finished by the time I get home (er indoors is a fan of both).
Will let you know if I get anything

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Got to County Hall 3hrs b4 H.W. so fished from the sand for the first 45mins or so, nothing!
Fished from the wall when the tide reached the steps, up to H.W. nothing!
Fished the first hour back, nothing! Had my "last bait up" and crammed lots of lug & squid onto my 2 hook paternoster, & blasted it towards Illfracombe!
10 mins later, a small rattle, followed by another, followed by a rod-thumping pull down bite, this could only be one thing "El Codobes"!
It fought like crazy all the way in, & without a gaff I thought I am going to get soaked getting this cod out, so all zips & flaps are closed on the floatation suit & down the steps I go!
With about 5ft of water directly in front of me, & me using an "after dark" fixed spool instead of my multiplier, I am not in total control, so I give this cod some "Welly" to get his head up, & in front of me surfaces a snotty thornback ray!
My biggest shore caught "cod" turns out to be about 8/10lb of dustbin lid, wrapped in barbed wire, & covered in snot, it went back & as the rain continued to pour down I came home, & had a nice hot shower (the gear can get sorted in the morning)!
One positive thing did come out of tonight's debacle, the Durastar headlamp I bought on e-bay is absolutely brilliant! You dont know you have it on your head, on 2 led's theres plenty of light to bait up, on 4 led's you can sort out the biggest overrun, on 8 led's you can blind people walking their dogs on the prom (& frighten the **** out of the dogs).
I think its an even better buy the my flotation suit, & that takes some beating. Slack Lines to you all after tonight!!!!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
you could turn that story into a film my heart was pounding right up until the barbed wire snot dustbinlid ,who would play the lead role?

·
Registered
737 Posts
his highness

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
His Highness who? "Charlie big yugs"? give us a break, I thought more Pearce Brosnan, or Colin Farrell, at a push Alec Baldwin? blueskip

·
Registered
737 Posts
well they are going to have to earn a living one day.

·
Registered
325 Posts
how about rick stein, and see him make a welsh cullinery delight out of that?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I do have a recipe for rays, you marinade the wings in white wine for 2 days, make up a stock from razorfish mixed with squid, heated gently in Pernod, mix it all together and allow it to reduce by about a half, strain it, throw away the fish, and drink the reduced liquid, you are pissed for a week!
Blueskip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts