World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

At last I managed to connect with some fish after all these reports of good fish being landed!
Fished Saturday night with a the lads from bells of Hythe and bagged me a chunky 3 1/2lb bass the only fish of the night, And then decided I had to go and try and bag me a nice ray on the sunday with one of the lads from bells again.
The fish came thick and fast last night with my mate catching 2 small eyed ray to 5 1/2lb 1 bass of around 3lb (It hit the bait as soon as it hit the bottom!) 1 small starry smoothound and 2 doggies and a weaver!
I myself managed 3 Starrys up to 4.5lb (my first smutts!) and 1 doggie.
Im well chuffed at its my first ever smoothound and I wasnt even targeting hounds!.
All of the fish came to hole squid pulley pennelled!
Got a great scrap of the biggest fish and managed to barrel roll through my other line which had a baby hound attached! and knackered both my rigs and leader!
The biggest ray came to a mankey old sandeel out of my freezer as trying to get packs at the moment is like gold dust!

Bagstar we need to get out soon for a session!

Tightlines.

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
sounds like some good fishing, particularly on the sunday ! well done !

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hi All,

At last I managed to connect with some fish after all these reports of good fish being landed!
Fished Saturday night with a the lads from bells of Hythe and bagged me a chunky 3 1/2lb bass the only fish of the night, And then decided I had to go and try and bag me a nice ray on the sunday with one of the lads from bells again.
The fish came thick and fast last night with my mate catching 2 small eyed ray to 5 1/2lb 1 bass of around 3lb (It hit the bait as soon as it hit the bottom!) 1 small starry smoothound and 2 doggies and a weaver!
I myself managed 3 Starrys up to 4.5lb (my first smutts!) and 1 doggie.
Im well chuffed at its my first ever smoothound and I wasnt even targeting hounds!.
All of the fish came to hole squid pulley pennelled!
Got a great scrap of the biggest fish and managed to barrel roll through my other line which had a baby hound attached! and knackered both my rigs and leader!
The biggest ray came to a mankey old sandeel out of my freezer as trying to get packs at the moment is like gold dust!

Bagstar we need to get out soon for a session!

Tightlines.
With alan from bells?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
wheres stansmore point?

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Nice one buddy. About time you got yourself a few Smuts!! :) I may have to fish tonight now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts