World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Thursday ,friday or saturday evenings look promising. 5 metre tide on thursday and friday evenings.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/weybourne.

If there arn't any codling there then I recon you'll have to wait for the crab moult to start.

Will try to get out myself ...

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
There wont be any codling at Weybourne, might be odd one or two under the cliffs or in the rough spots further east

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Thats my plan Matt,, the long walk under the cliffs....

·
Registered
695 Posts
hi if anywhere in this n/w winds maybe try muns u are just as likely to pick one out there that's if the weed backs off . I'm going to try there SOON but if the weed is there it will kill it stone dead . good luck in your hunting the codling bl~~dy hard to find these fish . JEZZA

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was thinking of giving it a go Thur p.m. on the high tide. Going to be 34 - 40mph gusts NW (if yer face & heavy rain) and a steady 20mph wind.
I've had trouble with big seas there holding bottom and keeping my feet dry!
Do you reckon its going to be fishable without big weights and kahunas?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Borderline Thursday,,, might be a tide or two too early,,,I'd take your 8oz leads ,,, you never know with the shingle, rougher the better it fishes,,,of course there's always a point when it gets a bit too much.
This was a force 7 northerly last year
Sky Sea Wave Horizon Water
which proved pretty much unfishable

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Borderline Thursday,,, might be a tide or two too early,,,I'd take your 8oz leads ,,, you never know with the shingle, rougher the better it fishes,,,of course there's always a point when it gets a bit too much.This was a force 7 northerly last year View attachment 316537 which proved pretty much unfishable
think it bit much thurs so goin fri instead.thanks for your post

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wow, wouldn't fancy that too much norfiat. Maybe a daytime sesh on Sat, tides dropping off along with the temperature but that may make some odds... See if the met get it right tomorrow then check the webcams I reckon....

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
No haddock? Missed out bud lol. Nice fish

Reactions: meanstreak
1 - 17 of 17 Posts