World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any ideas or had any success using unusual baits?
I heard WD40 served as an attractant to fish once but have never tried it, as it’s a pollutant. Was just wondering if anyone else has any unusual ideas or hopefully secret weapons to tempt them fishes.

·
Registered
383 Posts
fished the pier at porthcawl last year whiting bashing and noticed a group of lads on the end using wd40, but our catches seemed to be the same.they were biting like fury as they do so who knows.later one of the guys (and this isnt bull####) had chicken and chips from one of porthcawls fine establishments and use some chicken which he then caught a small whiting on.but i think these blighters will attack anything. will never forget it. i have seen people use crabsticks on the pier there are some strange ones out there but what the hell if they work? :confused:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
rigging up a simple fuse and aquireing large amounts of plastic explosives is a good way of catching most species..(except woofers,,,they hard as nails..and actually like eating the stuff)

But its not recommended,,its a bit frought with danger :cool: :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
reading a book about sharks couple of years back. there was a story in the chapters "when sharks take revenge". there were these redneck yanks i mean deep deep southerners who were fishing on a small craft and were being plagued by what they described as "catsharks" apparently like our woofers.they as a joke decided to place a charge in one of their returned sharks mouths and this clever little blighter then swam directly under their boat.the shark blew up and sunk the craft. now thats justice for you.prehaps something simular should happen to these idiots who are carelessly throwing and choping off the heads of our own doggies. thats a nice thought :D

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Fished on a boat out of swansea last year a friend of mine had wrapped a piece of steak with his frozen bait by mistake - He cut it andtried it and caught a dogfish on it

·
Registered
81 Posts
My mate caught a doggy once ledgering a cheese puff off the mumbles. Also his nephew caught a mackerel using the cherry off a bakewell tart, but not on the same session .. that would have been too weird.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts