World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went fishing at ogmore today (caught nothing, but that's beside the point:schmoll: ) and was seiriously shocked at the amount of rubbish there was. Come on now people, I don't want to preach but I think that we should do more to protect our coastlines, after all, we are the ones who spend hours out there trying to get a fix. It was really nasty there today because of the smell of decomposing sandeel and crab so lets try and make the place as comfortable as possible and take all the waste up the the bin in a plastic bag. If we all take an extra bag every time and use it like a bin and at the end of the trip take it to the bin. That way we can enjoy the fishing without choking up the beautyful coastline with AMMO sandeel bags.

I ended up taking all my rubbish and a big bag of everyone elses SeaWave Calamary boxes back to the bin so we can no longer pretend it's not us!

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
sorry to hear that mate - it was stinking over friars yesterday with macky, sandeel and squid packets everywhere......

·
Registered
822 Posts
yep same at the knap too, i ended up filling a black bag full of empty larger cans, squid/mackie bags and paper all around me, the beach was still a fecking mess, but dont worry i suppose "the tide will take it away"

and these so called fisherman will be the first to complain if they start stopping you fishing at these places

its not hard to take your fecking litter home with you, other people shouldn't have to pick your mess up

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
yup i tend to agree it seems to be a regular occurance Maybe people should be taught and told how to dispose of their litter at point of sale and maybe just maybe the idiots will know what the letters spell on the black boxes up by the roads on the oggy and knapp beaches L.I.T.T.E.R. couldn`t be more clear if you tried obviously they are blind..... and then they drive away

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Throw old bait into the sea- it'll be recycled by nature - and recycle our own plastic rubbish in the places provided! It can often be reused! It weighs f**k all to carry to those places too!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
980 Posts
yeah was fishing cefn sidan sat night a few guys were also there drinkin cans of lager and after they finished each can they just threw them in the surf didnt say anything cos didnt want to argue but i was annoyed along with the others fishing with me, whenever i have a drink while fishing i take a green bag and put my empties in to be recycled,

·
Registered
200 Posts
had a look down hobbs point yesterday, i picked up some ammo mackeral bait packets. iwasn't even fishing. every time i go fishing i end up taking more rubbish home than i went with. it doesn't take much to clean up after you. it makes the venue a better place and is once less thing for the anti angling brigade to whine about.

78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's great to see how much support I'm getting here. You are proving that the people of this forum are very responsible and aware people that care for our enviroment. I can't say how pleased I am that so many of you are taking responsibility for you'r own rubbish and how displeased am at the fact that you HAVE take responsibility for rubbish that others left behind! Well done everyone, what great people you are, gods in comparison to the rubbish leavers!

If we all followed your example the beaches would be very clean indeed and no doubt there would be more fish!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Its not just fishermen either mind. I just took the kids along the sirhowy valley walk and the rubbish over there was terrible, chip wrappers, beer cans, plastic bags the lot:uhuh: :uhuh: Some people are just too lazy to take it home with them:nonono:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your right mate, Also. its disgusting how many plastic bags im hooking in porthcawl and ogmore. Porthcawl isnt too bad until the tide is hour past high, but ogmore, constantly reaming in crap! so yeah, clean it init!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts