World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys fished bendricks at sully yesterday weds 29th. got there 11.30am. tide was on the way down. talked 2 a chap next 2 me who had been there since 7 am. he had 1 small whiting only. i thought great here we go.. he left about 2pm. i had a whiting 1st cast. then a few nibbles, but nowt came of them. i had such a cracking bite about 2.30pm ish, which when i felt the full force of it snapped me. i think the rocks had frayed myline earlier and it was so wet and horrible , i didnt bother changing my trace.. my fault totally.was a bit annoyed with meself thow. as it was getin dark a chap who was fishing on the rock well further out came over and he had done well. a few whiting, think he said conger, and 2 cod. it was a funny day all round. i wanted 2 pack up. but thought give it half hour, and i remember casting in at about 7.o5pm and nok nok. bang, 4and a half pound cod, well chuffed. on lug and mak boleive it or not, very next cast, full squid on, bang bang, 6 and a half pounder, i was smiling now. stayed till 8pm bites had stopped after the 2 cod. but what a crazy day. about 8 and a half hours fishin and 3 fish. 1 of them on 1st cast. a whiting, and 2 on last 2 casts. both cod. glad i stuk around. i am so happy i am not goin till next year now. probably sunday heehee. happy new year all..

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi kelvin,, bendricks is in sully. between barry and penarth, from barry head past bp works on the right, go towards sully, and the 1st roundabout turn right, this is hayes road. go to bottom to next roundabout turn left into the ind estate, bear round couple bends and take the 1st left which takes u to the beach on your left, park anywhere sensible by there and walk up over the grass mound and u have the sea in front of u m8, u can either fish the sandy beach in front, or go to the left on the rocks where i was, but u must cast a good 60yds to get out beyond rocks onto the sand. also u can go to the right where u see an island way out in front of u. thats where the other chap had 2 cod as well. hope this helps, but if u r tryin it and get any probs, i will b only 2 plessed 2 put u right. it all depends where your comin from. but u will av no probs....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welldone Poacher u certainly deserved those cod after the hours u put in,any way what state was the tide sounds to me that u caught a couple of hours before high water is this correct. Do u need to fish rotten bot on this mark cheers and happy new year Lunker

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi lunker tide was quite rough, dry when i left car, so i didnt put my suit on, it poured down after that and never stopped. i didnt go bak 2 car to get suit as i thought it would stop. but it didnt m8/. i was drippin wet. every fag i had fell apart. heehee, u can fish rotten bottem if u cant get out that far, but 60 or 70 yds should do it. i never lost a weight. i always take some non grip weights in case i start losin my good 1s. but that never happened.i came home with a smile on my face thow. i may av gone earlier, home i mean, until that chap who fished the island told me what he had caught. and as i said i lost a good fish earlier on, so i put 2 and 2 together and came up with the goods.i had a feeling, and it paid off. still amazes me where all the whiting r thow..

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Well done! Pains me to admit but the South seems to be fishing well when compared with where I've been. Mind you I had a similar experience but with my beloved Doggies. Wrong tide but you've got to fish when it's so close. Not much then, bang! They came on, 2 to 3 lb and queueing up. Then the snow came and the bites dried up. All I could see in the headtorch glow was a steady white wall and the wind building up. A swell started (in the Swellies!!!) Then I saw a dead crab (big bugger) washing around my feet. Bent down and it was a huge but mangled softy, must have trodden on it earlier. You've guessed it, put it on and bang a 4lb Dog. Forgot the cold and wet! Then would you beleive my phone went, text to say Mam was ill and wanted to go home!!!!!!!!!!

Still, I remember the night, thankful for small mercies that's me!

Cod? What's a cod? The old woman goes into the hospital next thurs. so I'll have another weekend to try again - and I know where there are crab baits!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts