World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another late autumn session completed but still can't locate that big girl... but still plenty of time left...

Morning session started at 5 am with couple of hours until high water. First lure of choice was weedless soft stick in white... after several casts and lure changes I started slowly making my way back with dozen of casts... every now and then... Top water, shallow, SP's... Nothing seemed to work...

Calm conditions with the Sun already up I was ready give up...

Last lure of choice was 5 inch spindle worm in Ayu rigged on 3/0 texas power hook.

I was casting parallel to a reef that was still under the water. Working the lure very slow with occasional stop and twitch. Finally fish on ! Nothing big at 50cm but it saved the blank.
Fin Organism Marine biology Fish Water

I was back out when it got dark... trying yet again...

Very slow night... nothing seemed to worm yet again... with tide starting to ebb I clipped soft needlefish bait stick and casted it out as far as I could. Very slow retrieve with rod tip pointing down and occasional twitch... boring retrieve... but it was so effective previously...

After second cast the lure was getting closer to a ledge I was standing on when the rod just bent over and the drag started making nice noise ... fish on... it felt better then the one in the morning... torch on to help navigate the fish and to land her... I could see my leader rubbing against the sharp edge... pulled her in onto the ledge and my leader snapped ! Oh ****... I thought to myself... lucky I landed her.. As there was no other takers that night
Glasses Fin Jaw Fish Fisherman

Water Fish Seafood Line Fin

Better fish then in the morning at 60cm 馃憤

Next time I have to try even harder...

Registered
Cracking little report well done on fish. I particularly like the describing. How:)馃榿馃榿 you worked the lure always useful always useful to an soft plastic imbecile like me

Registered
i'd take those two, a.t.m, in december, well done!!...waters holding above 10c a.t.m., here in the menai straits, still time....oly...(y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts