World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Are there any good books about fishing around south wales. I seem to remember hearing of an old guy who wrote a few books about his experiences around the gower. Any idea who he is or his books? If u know of any tidy fishing books let me know please. Ive read a few but they are all about the basics. Looking for some real stories.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I know Simon Smith from Port Talbot has just had a book published, it's called running with the tide
Thanks for the shout Dai! If anyone wants to read a sample chapter or two, PM me your email addy and I'll email a few sample pages as an attachment. Mike is writing a review which should be on the Reviews section of the site sometime soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You may be thinking about Clive Gammon and his book "A Tide of Fish". A very rare (and valuable) book now. Fortunately I have a copy but every time I read it makes me think "Bass"

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
You may be thinking about Clive Gammon and his book "A Tide of Fish". A very rare (and valuable) book now. Fortunately I have a copy but every time I read it makes me think "Bass"
I've been dying to get that book for ages - can't bring my self to part with the money for it though. £50+ for one in fairly battered condition - a lot more for one in good nick.

Clive Gammon - I know a good place is also an awesome read but its about his fishing all over the world. I highly recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah no sweat mate, hope it's going well for you. Maybe catch you for a session soon once the rays are about :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts