World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi everyone any welsh fishermen on this site ,ive had a good cod season on the ogmore deeps and newton edges</font>

·
Registered
15 Posts
<font color='#000000'>im a welsh boy, not done much fishing though this season, glad to hear some ones had a gd one, ill be out after the bass as soon as spring gets here. tightlines ross</font>

·
Registered
244 Posts
<font color='#000080'>I fish in the Porthcawl,Ogmore,and Aberavon areas as well as off the pier in Swansea. Little more than Whiting,Pouting and Doggies. Caught a 2lb 3 bearded rockling and 2 small Congers off the Long arm in Port Talbot. Not even seen a Cod this season, but the Rays starting to make an appearance around Porthcawl.</font>

·
Registered
49 Posts
<font color='#000000'>One of the boats had a 36lb Cod yesterday off Swansea - perhaps it had eaten all the rest of them.</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I&#39;m a welsh fisherman...been doing well off Swansea&#39;s King Dock...mostly Whiting and Dog Fish but still a healthy size and good catch.

Looking forward to my next fishing trip there tomorrow afternoon</font>

J

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi guys thanks for all the replies I have been on hols ,I&#39;m really pleased there&#39;s some welsh in here .I don&#39;t generally fish in Feb due to the water temp dropping and apparently the fish are semi cromatised and as a result dont feed (so the experts say ).I tend to agree as to my knowledge I have never been very lucky in Feb.
I&#39;ve seen in the post lately that Mumbles pier is open on certian nights .It amazes me when I see the big casters bombing out their baits when I have always found that drop it over the side and thats where the fish are anyone agree ?
Knab rock has been a lucky venue for me this winter also , good size whiting ,few doggies, I went there one night for a 3am tide around 12 midnight and there were at least 20 fishing on a lousey night rain and wind ,nevertheless a good outing .Any way keep up the chat and thanks again ( Jury )</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>instead of going down mumbles peir try the Docks....the access is great and easy park by Rogers Tackle and walk down to the end of the peir there on the beech of the docks and the whitting fishing off there is excellent. &nbsp;use a lug, squid mix or just squid for the best results</font>

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#000000'>Haven&#39;t fished the docks for a long time isn&#39;t it a licience area? well it was years ago when I fished there last.</font>

·
Registered
49 Posts
<font color='#000000'>February 18 2004, Rob Sweet, newly appointed Chairman of Brecon Sea Angling Club, aboard the Lady Helen out of Swansea. 10 minutes to go, just about thinking of bringing his line in, smallest of knocks and he goes and lands an almighty monster of a cod, weighed in at 39lb 2oz when they got back to shore&#33; Largest rod caught cod in Wales since 1997.

Well done Rob, see you on the wreck trip out of Weymouth on the 31st&#33;</font>

C

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i fish the deeps regular and nothing but whiting and doggies. Did catch a small eyed ray at sker last week</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>nah it&#39;s a free area it&#39;s all public access it&#39;s real nice..just access via the Marina side and it&#39;s all great and free. &nbsp;So thatis where to fish the dock</font>

·
Registered
57 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Would correspondents please ensure that they specify whether boat or shore fishing when reporting &nbsp;catches for those less familiar with marks.It does make a slight difference.</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>certainly professor

The Dock is a shore based location. &nbsp;Hope you make it there soon.

Also returning to the theme of natural signs...I was wondering does anyone else take seeing seagulls inland as sign of a bad fishing day?</font>

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
<font color='#000000'>
I fish the pembrokeshire coast, caught a 3lb bass last ime I went fishing havent been since christmas due to other commitments, does anyoneknow how llansteffan is fishing at the moment as I plan to do some bass bashing over the easter weekend.</font>

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font color='#000000'>just a quicky Fanatic did you see the evening post today there was a 11lb bass caught at Llanstephen</font>

·
Registered
244 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Fished off Mumbles pier Thursday 11th March, never fished in conditions like it,sooo windy and cold i lasted about 4 1/2 hours and finally packed it in,had to secure rod stand to iron chain railings with nylon zip ties,never seen a 7oz lead blowing horizontally when lifted from the water. One doggie caught.
Paid £3 a rod. Had a bit of a giggle when i went to pour myself a cup of boiling Oxo and the contents of the mug blew out and onto the neck of an innocent by-stander. The venue really looks the part but i won&#39;t be back until the wind is a bit more forgiving. Talked to the chap collecting fees for the rods and he reported a poor year off the pier to date. If anyone fishes this venue in the future drop a line on the forum let us know whats happening.
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Denzle</font>

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<font color='#000000'>I take it you are talking about the Bass: Fanatic: it was in the post on Thursday so the fish would have been caught between Mon/Wed of last week if thats any help.</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Swansea fisherman here - total novice, but having some success and learning all the time. Been fishing Knab Rock and the docks mostly with mixed results, but rarely drawn a complete bank.
Looking forward to fishing in warmer weather &nbsp;
</font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Greetings all. I fish the shore around the Newport area a fair bit (mainly redwick, the lighthouse and goldcliff) havnt been for ages but going tommorow. terrible season, just 1 cod to show (was 11.5lb mind
) anyone else fish around here?</font>

1 - 20 of 36 Posts