Neath
01639 761702
[email protected] Weelers Open Web Page
Click here: Weelers Welsh Open Cod Fishing
Championships

·
Registered
300 Posts
last year it was won and other prizes was doggies, the year before was a bass then all but 1 doggies
but i still will fish it
in my opinion i feel insulted by these people who plan to fish for doggies on purpose

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
As far as I am aware, Aberavon beach is not a known Cod hotspot, and with all those prizes up for grabs I'm afraid that some anglers will be deliberately targetting doggies. Not every angler is a sportsman/woman.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hi gents just to inform you all that i have had numerous cod up to 15 lb on Aberavon Bezch it fishes well in the evening or early morning big baits on first cast. Then sit and watch.
Yes some anglers target doggies but Rays are also caught here as well the odd conger.
Bass are always around here especially when there is a blow or medium Southerlies hitting the beach

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Jonboy said:
Hi gents just to inform you all that i have had numerous cod up to 15 lb on Aberavon Bezch it fishes well in the evening or early morning big baits on first cast. Then sit and watch.
Yes some anglers target doggies but Rays are also caught here as well the odd conger.
Bass are always around here especially when there is a blow or medium Southerlies hitting the beach
I stand corrected. Thanks for that Jon. Perhaps we can meet up down there and you can help me catch a 15lb Cod this winter ;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
They are there from end of Sept to Dec then they re-appear end of Feb to March

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
We will need a big tide and night fishing is the best for them m8

1 - 10 of 10 Posts