World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I fish on Englands south coast but have a young cousin who is going to Wemyss bay for his holiday next weekend.

he is an inexperienced sea angler (about 4 sessions) and would like to know of any decent places where he stands a good chance of catching something. He isn't a forum member so I've agreed to post on his behalf

his casting is limited to about 80 yards so a harbour or breakwater might be best.

If you could give any advice on locations/baits/tides etc and also a decent tackle shop, I would be really grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help, it will all be gratefully received

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As Wemyss bay doesn't seem so popular, anywhere in the local area would be good.

same sort of info would be really appreciated

Cheers

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
I would suggest perhaps getting the train up to Port Glasgow from there and then changing to the Greenock train, getting off at Greenock Central and head straight down to the quay there. Good chance of mackerel, pollack, small cod, doggies and wrasse. Usually something small lurking straight down if there's nothing else about. It gets busy when the sun's out, though.

See this thread: http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195229

·
Registered
10 Posts
i agree with greenock,you can drive right up to the waters edge and fish with some feathers.
I agree
had a good session there Friday afternoon . 3 good sized mac in feathers 2 mack on float using sand eels then 2 small pollock on float with mac strips .
All caught on the tide going out

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your advice and the PM.

looks like Greenock is the place to go. I've passed the details on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts