World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all over the web for a place to buy cut to size shrimp netting to build a medum sized push net.
as you can tell I had no luck, closest I got was a USA company but it was about £250 quid for a 40 meter roll. I have found bird nets, pond nets, safety nets, net curtains, mosquito nets. every type of net you can think of but no shrimp net. I just want a 12 foot square piece of net with a 1 to 1.5 cm mesh.

please help. many thanks
Mark

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Were are you Mark.

There is a guy local to me that supplies all this kind of gear to the trawlers, he always has offcuts that arn't too dear. I made a 100 foot sand eel net from a bit I got from him. I am in North Wales, don't mind going round to see what he has got for you.

Just found the phone number, not sure I had it, send me a PM if it is any use to you

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply. im in west yourkshire (leeds area), i have a static caravan on the east coast, so i was planning this venture for summer. i lived out on the east coast for 15 years and i built my own net when i was a kid. shrimping was alot of fun. apart from all the weaver fish i used to catch, anyway its something i want to do with my kids now.
wales would be abit of a hike for me. but if he had some i would happily pay p&p for it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I would love soom too if you don't mind. I want to build a LARGE drop net.
My mum lives in Rhyl so i'd be able to pick it up.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Have you tried onion bags (orange netting) from the greengrocers? (it may be free)! Cheers, Tony O-P. P.S. If it turns out to be any use, let me know......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts