World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
We caught a few ray during the recent small boat competition down Milford. I know we were on a boat, but we were in very close, just out of casting distance, they may be in closer as well! We were on the mud banks just up from milford it self, between the harbour and an old jetty. May be worth a go!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Fresh water East is worth a look at very nice clean venue throws up some nice Thornies and small eyeds (if you can get through the spiders)

good luck
Garboy:thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glyndoree

are you on about the depo pier bacause you can get onto that pier
but it is made of wooden boards and they are rottin

might ba able to get them of the beach by it

yight lines

tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ye but its onshore though

i might be able to chest waide out a bit at low tide and give it a sling

tifht lines

tom
:fishing1:

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
ye but its onshore though

i might be able to chest waide out a bit at low tide and give it a sling

tifht lines

tom
:fishing1:
Yeah but we were not that far out!! So the ray may come closer in. There appears to be deeper water on the left hand side of the bay(looking from the shore)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Bassbuster Tom, we fished more or less in the red circles in the image. Had great fun getting the anchor out as it seems to be very soft mud! Not sure how you would get there from the shore, but the piers may be accessible. There is a very recent post on here regarding one of the piers.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Ive had loads of rays in these areas off the boat and next to the big jetty (newton noynes) Ithink everytime we have fished by here we have had ray cant remember not having one. Fished off the small (wards) jetty thurs night and didnt get any but i fished on the flood and this area fishes best on the ebb, going to give it a go later next week when i can fish the ebb.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do you reckon it would be in casting distance
of wierds pier to one of those rings

tight lines

tom
:)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
On the edge of the rings, but the ray should come closer if you have a good scent trial. Speaking to martin in anglers corner and he said someone had a couple a few weeks ago off there but on the ebb. If you want to have a go let me know when and ill come down

1 - 12 of 12 Posts