World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A company organises this event annually and I was wondering if any of you have ever been. It is to be held in November this year and I was wondering if it is worth a try. Initially it appears to be quite a lot of money but sounds if it could be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Never fished it but I see you have fished in The Gambia so you know how good the fishing is.If you take into account the price of a holiday then the price seems a bit better.Prizes are decent , including fishing holidays , but the biggest point of this competition is that ANYONE who has ever held a rod can win it if they are lucky.Unfortunatly threats of a expensive divorce stop me attending.i would probably enter both beach and boat comps which are usually held fairly close together.

·
Registered
158 Posts
hi
i fished twice in the west african beach championship its very well run the competition side is run by a group of very experianced irish anglers the the fights and hotels(which last year was absolutley brilliant and that side is organised by richard sheard also very well done ,the fishing seems to vairy each year last year the fish were of all sizes up to 8 kgs captain fish also nice casarvers and ninebones out side the hotel there were baracudas at night plus all sorts of fish in day time, the good bit about this is the hotel waiters will bring you bottles of cold beer and food when ever you want it while you are catching nice fish so you can see i would reccomend it to any one .i have already sent my deposite ,so i will see you there.

by col

·
Registered
788 Posts
Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

If anyone wants any more info, you can check out our website www.worldsportfishing.com or give us a call on 01480 403293 - just ask for Rob or Richard.

We still have a few places left in the beach comp. Boat comp is pretty much full now, except, possibly one share of the last boat.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes its a fantastic trip alright ive been going since the late 90s and still get a great buzz each year, its great crack,very safe and its cheap enough the fishing can vary but the last few years have been better than when the japaneese were raping the coast a few years ago but thats all done away with now, everything is there from belting out big baits to using surface poppers to creek fishing and all in a relaxed and beautiful setting well worth it IMO, i cant wait for this years trip,, only a few weeks now..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts